Thread: Darlington hft clubs

Darlington hft clubs

Hi folks, I want to take up shooting as a hobby again after a few years without any guns.

I used to have a FAC and do a lot of competitive full bore pistol (and revolver) shooting at Bishop Auckland gun club, but it all went awry after the clamp down following Dunblane, it did away with the disciplines I shot, police/practical pistol, so gave up the sport and went 4x4ing instead.
    The 4x4ing was getting expensive so I've decided to go back to a hobby I've done since being a kiddie with air rifles.

What I need now is a air rifle/hft club in the local area to Darlington, County Durham.

Darlington gun club only has an indoor 25 metre range.

I've tried Thorn Dell and they aren't taking anymore members at the mo'.
    Failing that I would like a go at clay busting, are there any members of Teesdale Gun Club on here, or Spenny clay club etc....
    Don't want to buy any guns until I know I can get in somewhere.

Welcome to the forum, Woodview around Hartlepool way is your nearest mate. do a search there is a few threads on it.

jabtas Guest
    Highly reccomend Woodview

Looks like tomorrow coulkd be an ideal opportunity to pop along

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225947

Thanks for the pointer towards Woodview, it's never shown up on any tinternet searches for the like.
    I'll try and get there tomorrow, if I can get my chores done and slip away unnoticed by the missus.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Used to go to school in Barney that was a long time ago.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Club in Darlington

When you state air rifle / hft, is that just field target, or do you want to do ISSF 10metre paper target shooting? If so, there is a club at Hurworth, at the rear of Croft Workmens club.

Walter

Sorry Walter but no.
    I used to shoot full bore (.38/.357 686 S&W revolver and .45 Glock pistol) at 10 to 50 metres at Bishop.
    I want the challenge of shooting distance (and close, as it is with HFT) and outdoors without the chew of an FAC.

Cheers for the input anyway.

Woodview has recently started experimenting in CO2 practical pistol diciplines and will probably make it a regular feature in the coming year. If you have not been along yet to have a look you will be most welcome. We still shoot through the winter and in the rain too. The long range has a covered firing point and there is an indoor range for pistol use. The woods are used for both HFT and practical pistol with the practical pistol still under development.

Regards