Thread: Which .22 Target rifle?

Mysteron Guest

Which .22 Target rifle?

I'm in the process of applying for my FAC and very soon will be looking for a rifle.

Initially, I intended that prone was the only discipline I wanted to compete in, however, after recently trying Benchrest, I would like to do this also.

Is there a suitable rifle that will be good for both disciplines? I realise that changing sights would be necessary, but as reasonable my budget is, it will not stretch to two guns at the moment.

The Anschutz 19 series are the rifles I've been looking at, will any of these do the trick??

I have a Anschutz 1907 which I use for prone and hopefully 3 position in the near future. With a sligt adaption any of the smallbore target rifles and some of the hunter/sporter type would be suitable for benchrest, even the old BSA Martini's which you can pick up for around £150 second hand. ATB. Neil.

If you can find a 1913 at reasonable you won't go wrong for prone or benchrest.

Great accurate rifle, try it first mind, although nothing really to go wrong with them.

even an 18 series will serve you well.

1813 has served me for over 20 years now. as good today as the day I collected it, used to use it for 3P but now only prone, would be good from a bench as well, as the bottom of the stock is nice and flat.

I'm with BigAl. I shoot 3P and prone with an 1813L and do pretty well with it. I also know a GB squad member who gave back his all singing (and free) FWB 2700 and went back to his 1813! The NSRA had a very nice RH 1913 when I last visited, but they aren't the most competitive on price.

Dom.
    Last edited by another_dom; 10-10-2007 at 08:38 PM.

wanted one a year ago, but gave up on the whole FAC thing as siting the cabinet was a PIA in my flat...

used a 18 and 1913...nothing really in it between them...an accurate one of both will be just that. Some have different furniture...worth spending a bit of time finding a nice one.

eley match ammo to barrels for a small fee...if your into nth degree and want consistant ammo its worth it.

1813 / 1913

The only real differnce between the 18 and 19 series guns is the foresight mounting dovetail they are differnt widths I belive as the barrel stress releving is only just larger than the barrel diamater on an 18 sereis gun and the 19 barrels flare by quite a bit and the sight is mounted on dovetails milled into the top of the barel not the raised dovetail bolcks of the older guns.

Al