Thread: Stock Mods to a qb78

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Stock Mods to a qb78

I want to alter a standard qb78 stock to add a raised cheek pad and a more pronounced pistol grip. The stock will end up satin black.

I am leaning towards doing this with fiberglass (yes I've used it before) as a simple way rather than a complete new stock. The surface could be smoothed with filler and sanded as required.

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions as I seem to remember seeing some stocks on here modded using body filler etc??

Thanks.
    Paul
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

matureoak Guest
    get ginb to make you one - the mutts nuts!!

matureoak Guest
    On a more serious note, I have a friend who has a bodyshop and he is very good with his hands. He is going to try a stock for me and he is going to shape it how I want it and the primer it and spray it gloss metallic dark grey - nearly black. It's for a QB78 deluxe that I have got. If it goes well, my hornet is going to get the same treatment. Body filler is good only if it is used in thinnish (1cm thickness) layers. If it gets thicker, there is a risk of it breaking off.

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    With the best will in the world, even I wouldn't get a gind stock for a £50 rifle

Any use of filler would only be as a thin skim to get back to a smooth surface, and I'm sure that the fibreglass would be more than strong enough for the job.

Paul.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more