Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bp gun licence q.

Quote Originally Posted by wildoliver View Post
    Lol what is it?
    Go on then, £65

Or...

I replace the mashed flat nipple and take one shot at 100 yards, £80 if I hit anywhere on the target, £70 if I miss

You will never find another Hughlex 1009

If it can be recommisioned I'm very tempted.

Don't know if you should be tempted, I get a real school cadet corps feel from this gun, can't think of any other way to explain it. It's shotgun bored with sights, rather deeply cut folksy engraving, a tiny afterthought patch box and a rusty under rib. The mashed nipple means children have been playing soldiers with it, they probably made the replacement barrel key at the same time. It has what looks like a Bakerlite butt plate and cap on the pistol grip and fittings for a rifle sling.

It has HUGHLEX 1009 cut on the barrel and crudely scratched on the stock, rack number 104 nicely embossed. The lock has a batch number 31, the rammer is a very thin walled steel tube with a taper on it.

The barrel looks sound enough but as a gun it's a piece of junk. If it could talk it would be fascinating but it can't. To have value a gun needs to be an identifiable military piece, or have a known maker's name, preferably famous, or be of obvious quality. It has none of the above.

Have you considered a career in sales lol!

As much as I have a great temptation to buy it as I have a thing for lost causes, I think I shall leave it!