Thread: Help Required Again!!

Help Required Again!!

Just spent 2 hours on the range, trying out pellets, practising and zero-ing. I was getting very small groups at 25yrds. I came in, had a drink, and went out again. It was shooting 1inch down and 2inches left!!

Combo = BSA Lightning.22 and Hawke Reflex Scope 3-9x50, webley lazadome pellets.

Thanks for any advice!!
    A Decent Jokes Page
    80K .22
    Domino O/U 12g

Git Guest
    Perhaps weather conditions changed while you were getting a drink.

what was the drink - half a bottle of Scotlands finest???

Assuming no one fiddled with your sight settings whilst you were getting a drink.....

1) It could be you.

2) The wind may have changed direction and strength.

3) A large change in temperatures is said to affect some scopes but 1" low and 2" to the left at 25 yards....

Rustam

P.S.: Was the rifle shifted from it's earlier position when you went to get a drink? What were the approximate temperatures outdoors and indoors.

Basically I walked in the house, took a mouthful of lemonade (leaving rifle on the table) and walked out again. There was no wind here today, otherwise I would have been sailing!
    A Decent Jokes Page
    80K .22
    Domino O/U 12g

Those Magpies. Never leave your gun unattended, they are well known for adjusting your zero when you aren't watching.

Toady Guest

Scope

Not familiar with this gun but is it a springer? You could have scope creep. I am also an engineer and have machined out a block of steel with dovetails to make a scope arrestor. Let me know if you need one - FOC! I'll be happy to send you one!
    Regards
    Jay

woosty Guest
    Sound like you may have the rifle canted over slightly?

Mark A Guest
    Check the breach seal isn't worn. When the seal gets warn there is a little bit of play in the barrel, this could throw your accuracy off. For accuracy youd be better off with a fixed barrel springer like a HW97 or TX200, i can get 1/2" groups at 35 yards easily and iv'e not been shooting long.

Mark

Mark A Guest
    Also check youv'e tightened your mounts up as the lightning is a lively little gun.If you have a recoil stop pin on your mounts try and get it in the allen key on the scope rail, this will stop it moving.

Mark