Thread: Vector Optics 4-12x40

Vector Optics 4-12x40

Straight from Shanghai, China and the optical / build quality ain't that great, but for around 75 quid delivered, what do you expect? And for that price I simply had to try it. Took 8 days in between order and arriving today in Spain. Quite well-packaged and came with bikini covers and some very cheesy Weaver-size mounts (ally). If they'd put some bubble wrap inside as well as outside the sturdy box that would have been a Good Idea.

On the plus side: proper target turrets, side focus, coated lenses, mil-dot, integral sunshade, illuminated reticle, etched reticle and 30mm single-piece tube. Just about fully buzzword compliant, I think all will agree.

Looks like one of the internal lenses needs cleaning, which becomes very apparent when your eye is 'off-centre'.

The real joke, and I'm not going to post the name, is what's engraved as the brand on the bottom of scope. Bold as a very bold thing, a well-known American brand (not their logo at least ) and also with a scope series logo of the same American brand. Of course, that particular, popular and justifiably expensive American manufacturer doesn't actually make a 4-12x40 in their line of long range tactical scopes, but, hey... ...it might impress somebody at the club for a moment (until they look down the sight see ).

Let's see if it falls apart on my .308 For a PCP it's probably a very reasonable option if you don't have another 600 quid to spend on The Real Thing. And The Real Thing doesn't have illuminated reticle, but, I'll never use that feature anyway. Seeing how so-so the optics are, the built-in sunshade (also not present on The Real Thing) might be a real bonus.
    Last edited by marcusj; 22-05-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Got the actual price of a compable 'pukka' scope. Added a few more details.

Well, it hasn't broken yet. I've fired a pack of shots through my .308 Rem 700 and the scope appears to still be alive. Much interest at the local range in ordering more from the same supplier, although I won't be doing it with my card / delivery address; I don't want to take the risk of having my card marked as being an importer of fake goods!

hi mate i have just ordered some swat 10-40x56esf scope just to see what its like as the price was just too good to miss at 87 posted to the uk but as always you sometimes get somthing good and the other times you get total shiit