Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cleaning BP (777)

wow, I'm glad I got a ss version. I pull the cylinder out, and put in sink of warm soapy water. Clean the frame with a toothbrush and once I'm done with that I do the cylinder. I made the toothbrush narrower so it fits in the chambers. Leave to dry and that's it. Reckon it's a 15min process. I don't oil anything on it. Should I?

310cadet Guest
    You probably want to put a drop of oil in the center hole in the cylinder where it rests against the rod it revolves around.

Will do. I've only used it twice. Should have thought about that. Cheers.

sell yours , buy my stainless one in the other post

Goodness me, are you guys going the hard way cleaning Triple 7!

One of Triple 7's greatest attributes and selling points, is the ease of clean up. All that is required is plenty of cold, fresh, running water and an few patches on a rod or a small toothbrush.

Just before leaving the range, I actually give mine a little rub over with a baby wipe. Once home, strip it down and run it under the cold tap and a little rub and scrub. Dry it, oil it, put it away.. 15 minutes!

When I first placed this post, I had really struggled to clean my stainless old army, but now I have had the pistol for six months or so, I have to say the best way (quickest, cheapest) to clean the pistol - which I came across cos I was in a rush to get out one evening after shooting, is - cold water (I am using 777 of course) - man I would never of believed cold water would get all that black gunk off so easy.

So I clean with cold water under the kitchen tap with an old tooth brush, I push some kitchen roll thro the barrel and then drive the excess water off in the oven before lubbing with either WD40 or 3in1 oil depending on my mood.

Also have taken to using RWS caps 10.7s - which has resulted in no need to cap off next time out and the fit the nipples of the Ruger perfectly

Sorry - The main point was....Simon G is bang on the nail correct - cold water baby