Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRF or MKII?

check out the article on the mfr by nick jenkinson in airgun world i think it was......really good, but then they are abit biased to any bit of tat thrown together......not that the mfr is you understand
    lovely shooter, just wish i had the cah to buy one..
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

Thanks, Sammy. Yep, I've read that. IT was an FAC version, but he certainly loved it!
    Dom

Hi Hardrar - yes I'd love to see what my MFR would look like after a bit of stock finishing. I'd be too worried I'd ruin it, but I might ask some of the dab hands down at Bisley whether they can help. I think Khamsin is a bit of a wood genius, maybe I'll try to persuade him.

Lionel

Interesting to try one in .20 with Ben's new pellets - see how they work together at FAC levles.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

I currently running an FAC MFR. The shot count is 45ish (I refill after the 4th mag). That is running at around 25.5ftlb with AA Field/Lazadome/Daystate 5.5 and just over 27ftlb with Bis Mags.
    I'm telling you it moved!

What is the deal with a retro tune from 12 ft/lb to FAC levels of power with an MFR? How much would it cost, and is the MFR then quiet enough with its bull barrell silencing system?
    Dom

Ben Taylor & Sons speialize in that kind of thing - give them a bell and they should give you a price.

Personally I prefer the look of the MFR over the Rapid MKII but then I am, sadly, a bit of an anachronism when it comes to airguns and prefer a rifle to have form and function.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Rapid mk 2 in a CS800 thumbhole stock looks pretty funky.

Lionel

Looking like an MFR, then. Roll on the weekend after next for my purchase. Going to check out Dowlings (they have the stock and I have heard good things about them) and see what they'll do for me.
    Dom

Dowlings is an excellent shop, Dom and they have a resident Rapid guru called Neil, so you'll be in good hands. Check your mail re the pump. I didn't know you were local - I might be able to drop the pump off for you at the shop since I go there quite a bit.

Lionel

ninedarter Guest

Thumbs up

hi,got a scope from dowlings ,ordered it at 5 on friday it was in my hand saturday morning1 great service,all the best

bill

Just to move on slightly, I've heard that Theoben are to stop production of the MKII and use the MFR as it's replacement. Is this true? I own two MFRs .177 & .22 and absolutely love them, but would like a MK II in .20. Hope it's not true

Dazz

That's a thought, Lionel. Cheque is in the post anyway..., but a dropp off at Dowlings would be good. I'll check my mail!
    Dom

Keep us posted as to how happy you are with the MFR (I am a poet and I did not even know it!)

Will do, Russ. I pick it up (I hope) in just over a week, with my first bunny bashing outing mid April. I can't wait. Familiar rabbit hunting ground equiped with state of the art rifle! I'lllet you know how it goes...
    Dom