Thread: Webley falcon mounts

Webley falcon mounts

Hi

I have an old Webley Falcon 0.22

When I was given it it had a bent barrel(real upward banana job!), broken stock and it had an over powered spring which had done all sorts of damage .

I decided that keeping it original was therefore not an option and I sent it to Shaun at ISP who did a brilliant job on it. It now looks and shoots very nicely.

I have a problem with the open sights though, I think that due to the barrel bend, someone must have bent the open sights down to compensate, you cannot adjust the sights down enough before the adjustment wheel fills the notch in your view. I'm after a tip on how to bend them back without breaking them!

Also - I'd like to put an appropriate scope on, so suggestions please?

Also what type of mounts will the Falcon accept - it has an unusual, raised rail which appears too wide for standard mounts. Any ideas please?

Regards

Richard
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 22-10-2007 at 02:24 PM.
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Richard, the scope mounting plate suggests it is a later model from the late 1960s (earlier Falcons had no scope plates fitted). These scope rail plates -- as with the scope rail plates which started to appear on Webley MkIIIs around this time -- are not traditional mount grooves as we know today, but are basically shaped steel plates spot welded on to the action, and given time, if used to clamp a scope to, will shake loose and detach (fall off) so would strongly recommend not using them. An entire new sight assembly shouldn't cost you much more than £20 however, which after paying out to have all the other work is a small price to pay to have a complete mechanically sound bit of working Webley kit ATB & HTH: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Richard, the scope mounting plate suggests it is a later model from the late 1960s (earlier Falcons had no scope plates fitted). These scope rail plates -- as with the scope rail plates which started to appear on Webley MkIIIs around this time -- are not traditional mount grooves as we know today, but are basically shaped steel plates spot welded on to the action, and given time, if used to clamp a scope to, will shake loose and detach (fall off) so would strongly recommend not using them. An entire new sight assembly shouldn't cost you much more than £20 however, which after paying out to have all the other work is a small price to pay to have a complete mechanically sound bit of working Webley kit ATB & HTH: Gareth W-B.
    Gareth

Cripes! Sound advice, now you mention it that is exactly what it is, a plate welded on - I'll be sticking to open sights.

Regards and thanks

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit