Thread: Bfta Champs/inter Regionals

Bfta Champs/inter Regionals

I am shooting in the inter regionals at Newbury and want to compete in the BFTA champs the day before. Is it a booking job or a turn up and shoot afair. As I write I'm thinking "check the BFTA pages", so this is probably a pointless post but your advice would be good, especially if you know of a good place to stay or timings - stuff I won't find on the BFTA site.

Cheers,

Phil Saunder

Hi phil
    I shall also be at the Inters at Newbury. I looked at driving up the day before and shooting the BFTA champs,Then my boss told me he's getting married on the sat so that kind of put the mockers on things. So its a late night and early start for me on the sunday. There is a travel lodge at junction 13 which as you know is only 1 mile from the shoot, They have some deals on at the moment if you book via the net. Or you could always take a tent and plenty of beer....

chris
    http://www.eastdevonftc.co.uk

On a break from FT.

wkhudson Guest
    Here's how it goes:

The main object of the weekend is the inter-regional team shoot.
    Your region has selected you to be one of fifteen team members. Your region may also designate a reserve who may step in in the event of a no-show by any one member of the fifteen.

The inter-regional makes no provision for rewarding individual shooting. It is purely a team event.

On the saturday however it is different. This is the individual championship.

However, it is only open to those who are part of a region's team (fifteen plus one reserve). This is purely so that numbers are kept sensible.

Even though it's not a team event, there are fifteen numbered scorecards to be distributed amongst your team, so you really need to be there before the start of the shoot. The shooters are called in squads. For example squad 1 is called, which means that the 8 shooters with "1" on their scorecards assemble at lane 1. Those eight will then make four pairs. And then you start.

Sunday is similar. Only the scoring is different.

Hope this helps

Wayne

Nice one guys but I don't suppose I'll be doing much beer drinking. Not going all the way to Newbury to look down my scope with beer goggles! I guess I'll turn up on the Fri and stay over two nights. Anyone know when the events start on each day? Directions I'm sure I can get from the BFTA clubs page assuming there is a regular club meet there.

Looking forward to kicking some non NWFTA ass on the Sunday and the asses of all of you on the Saturday! Or trying to anyway!

Phil

Phil,

Pop along to www.airgunforum.net if you have any questions as there is a BFTA section on there.

Matt

Ta