Thread: .380 Round Ball supplier anyone

.380 Round Ball supplier anyone

.380 Round lead Ball supplier anyone,around 80gn or less, searched the internet high and low without much sucess as yet,plenty of .375 but no .380, any pointers greatly appreciated, Cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I couldn't find any either for my 51 Colt Navy repro so I decided to cast my own in .380. The moulds are freely available if you are that way inclined.
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

Isn't .375 close enough? You could get a mould but is it worth it for .005"?

Incidentally, if it weighs 80gns or less then it either has a flat spot or a cavity or it isn't round or it isn't lead

If it's for a revolver, ancient or modern, you probably want .375 anyway. Commercial balls are usually for pistol shooters or Americans which may explain why you can't find .38 over here

Balls

Jeff Tanner will make you a mould (and patches) for any size ball you require.
    Very fast postal service.
    Call 01277 653456
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

I couldn't find anywhere in the UK to get .380 lead balls. I bought a twin cavity mould direct from Lee Precision for around £17 delivered. I can send you a few samples.
    Daz

That would be great Daz

Thanks for the offer Daz,could you mail me so as i could arrange something with you, not sure if i might get some at the birmingham fair next month.

Hi Newbie

forgot to ask ... what gun are you using out of interest?
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

380 lead

Hi Daz , Looking to get back into pistol shooting with a BP 36 revolver, last shot in 98 before having to surrender everything else and losing interest.
    Fultons of Bisley occasionally have the 380 ball but inform me it may be quite a while before they may have some on stock.Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    Hi Daz , Looking to get back into pistol shooting with a BP 36 revolver, last shot in 98 before having to surrender everything else and losing interest.
    Fultons of Bisley occasionally have the 380 ball but inform me it may be quite a while before they may have some on stock.Cheers.
    Take your gold credit card, then.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

balls

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    .380 Round lead Ball supplier anyone,around 80gn or less, searched the internet high and low without much sucess as yet,plenty of .375 but no .380, any pointers greatly appreciated, Cheers
    have ya tried : Henry Kranks (pudsey) Leeds ??