Thread: Advice please

Advice please

I know this is the place to ask. What can you tell me about an Airsporter with serial number begining GF. It belongs to a freind who may consider selling it as he is off to OZ in search of a proper life.
    From memory the stock had a crack in the trigger area which had been repaired quite well but still visable.
    The rest of the rifle was in vgc. and is .22 cal.
    I await with interest !

Airsporter

Hi Peter, It's a MKII from mid'67 to June'68, only 2,800 of the GF made which had 11mm dovetail for telescopic sights! Whatever they are?!
    HTH Paul.
    Don't know about value, perhaps someone else will be able to give you an idea.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Thank you Paul. I will be contact

Well I am surprised apart from a genuine local member Paul there are no other replies.
    Is it me !

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Well I am surprised apart from a genuine local member Paul there are no other replies.
    Is it me !
    No definitely not you..

Airsporter Mk2's generally realise a selling price of between 80-140 quid for average to good ones and more for minters.

A lot of people/potential buyers wont be bothered by the fact that it has an uncommon serial number, they will just use it for some classic open sight plinking in the back gerdan etc,

Die hard BSA collectors on the other hand, would be interested in the serial number - especially dedicated Airsporter collectors, however in my opinion they would tend to go for guns in very good condition.....

So after all that ramble - around 80-140 quid would be my valuation

Hope that helps

Lakey

Thank you Lakey. I knew you would,nt be far away and just out of interrest he found his reciept for £75 from 2 years back when he bought it from the Bisley arms fayre.
    So if I offer him £100 he should be happy and so will I if I can find a stock.