Thread: Will FT ever be in the Olympics???

Will FT ever be in the Olympics???

As above really! have heard rumours over the years!

Doubt it sadly . FT just isn't promoted enough to bring it up to that level of importance.

Would be nice though, can you imagine the top 40 or so shooters in the world shooting an FT course in the olympics, now that would be worth watching.

A flip side consideration though - would you like FT to descend into something akin to the rule bound quagmire that the UIT style disciplines have reached to be included in the Olympics or would you prefer to retain the less formal style that it has......

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    Would be nice though, can you imagine the top 40 or so shooters in the world shooting an FT course in the olympics, now that would be worth watching.
    It wouldn't happen though would it, they would only allow a certain number of shooters per Nation so most of the English, Welsh & Scottish shooters would have to stay at home.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    Would it? Really?

I love shooting it but watching it?! I can feel my eyelids getting heavier just thinking about it!

Watch a guy drop his beanbag down and shuffle around a bit and look though his scope and while looking through it twiddle his sidewheel for ages then look at a little chart then twiddle a turret then look down his scope again then twiddle again then pull the string and look thoughtful then loads a pellet then looks down the scope again and pauses.... and finally there's either a barely audible 'phut' (or a muted crack that will sound really weedy on the telly). Oh yes and a target will either fall or... will just stand there, with attendant weedy 'dink' noise.

Yes you'd have time limits but even so it's not rivetting is it.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Would it? Really?

I love shooting it but watching it?! I can feel my eyelids getting heavier just thinking about it!
    Is this just the after effects of watching Ken shoot though

Gary C Guest
    Oh come on, get real. How many unique FT shooters are there in the world?