Thread: Admins Please read + Buddyboy

Toady Guest

Admins Please read + Buddyboy

If you have read my thread Money where mouth is you will know I want to GIVE AWAY a brand new rifle and scope to help promote shooting! Can you suggest a fair way to ensure the right youngster (or even OAP!) gets it?

Toady Guest
    Had a PM
    If you would like to shoot a springer in our "informal" shoot and you are under 16 - and you show good handling skills and safety that will do! I will also take recommendations from the admins of this board so there is no "area" bias. Please send me your nominations - you know the kid who turns up with a chinese thing but is enthusiastic etc!

Paul Hudson Guest
    I'm NOT trying to widdle on your bonfire - but how on earth are you going to check the bona fides of any and all of the "nominations" you're going to get?

Think about it for a few minutes.

This is an OPEN bulletin board.

A far more responsible approach would be donate the rifle to a local club where the rifle will be used by more than one "lucky" recipient - and, more importantly, in genuinely safe conditions.

Paul.

Why not take it to UKHFT round one in plymouth and give it to the lowest place junior?

I'd have to agree with Paul on this. The gun will be greatly appreciated as a 'club gun' and would be available to any youngster belonging to, or visiting, that club.
    Mick
    Another Old Git.

Why not take it to UKHFT round one in plymouth and give it to the lowest place junior?
    i must agree with that comment. when did you ever see a kid get anything for being last.......it would keep his interest in the sport thats for sure. just mho
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

Toady Guest

Thank you all!

There will now be a club gun available for all and sundry at the club! I asked for advice because I was worried about bona fides but youve solved it ! Thanks all!