Thread: Weihrauch HW100. How good is it?

PeptoBizmo Guest

Weihrauch HW100. How good is it?

I own a HW90 FAC and a Norica Jet and want to get a new playmate for them. And it has too be a PCP.

So I thougt about the HW100. I havent read anywhere how good it is. Just that people dont like the looks of it. I think it looks great so hoped you could tell me how well it performs?

It is going to be a FAC too. We dont have any limits in Denmark (YET)

Grendel Guest
    I have one, and it's great. Talk about it's looks, good or bad, is irrelevant as it does what it says on the tin. It hits what it's aimed at evry time. It is a bit heavy to some people and a few don't like having to remove the cylinder to fill up but I have no problem with any aspect of the gun at all. Having said that, I'm going to upgrade the silencer as soon as possible because it is a bit noisy.

Ford Prefect Guest
    if you dont mind saving a few more pennies for a hw100 then check this out : http://www.airgunbuyer.com/webnews.asp?ID=145

they've replaced the old silencer with a full length silencer and they've put in a lighter weight full length cylinder with a quick fill adaptor. plus its lighter, seems alright to me any way.....

DOGS NADS !!!!

DOGS NADS.....Apart from the silencer.Target sports do a good slip on one.Brilliant trigger and magazine,cocking,loading mechanism.
    CDB

DM80 Guest

HW100

The HW100 is a one of the best multishot pcp's around very accurate' consistent '& a very reliable magazine system' i have not come across any fault's with them to date' it's looks don't please every one thats for sure but the 100 does it's job which it was made for hunting very well indeed. it's also a good Ft rifle as well' it's got a great trigger & brilliant accuracy.

Dave .

Question

Does it really give 120 consistant shots from a 200 BAR fill? If not, how many?

Thanks.

Rustam

DM80 Guest
    Hi rustam as with most manufactors the number of shot's stated is a bit over the top i have found the HW100 gives around 90 good consistent shot's. but they can be set a little to close to the legal limit around 11.9ftb to close for my likeing if they were set around 11.5ftb then 120 maybe.

Dave .

It is very good, the mags are easy to load.

I personally don't like the side lever cocking arm, as it can be hard to find without taking your eye from the scope.

The stock is very good but ugly.

It is noisey without an add on silencer (anyone want one)

DM80

90 is good enough.

Any idea when the FAC and .177" version are expected?

There's one for sale over here and I was wondering if it would be easy to raise the power to FAC levels. Say, 18 to 20 ft.lbs..

If you know the answer, could you e-mail it to me.

Thanks.

Rustam

rustambana@satyam.net.in
    Last edited by Rustam Bana; 11-03-2004 at 04:59 AM.

Bagpuss Guest

Re: HW100

Originally posted by DM80
    but the 100 does it's job which it was made for hunting very well indeed. it's also a good Ft rifle as well' it's got a great trigger & brilliant accuracy.

Dave .
    Anyone else use a .22 for FT?

DM80 Guest

BagPUSSY

Whats the problem BagPUSSY can you not use a .22 rifle i find it very easy to take out knockdown targets at 45-50 yard's & so do many other airgunners with .22 if you can't post's reply's without being sarcastic why bother it just make's you look a w#nker.

Dave .

Isle of Wight - southside with all the sheep

HW100

I have not got a bad word to say about it other than the silencer - just had mine threaded and put the Logun on and its a revalation - sold off my MK 2 Rapid as i reckon this is better for me - NOW just waiting for .177 !!!!

Bagpuss Guest

Re: BagPUSSY

Originally posted by DM80
    Whats the problem BagPUSSY can you not use a .22 rifle i find it very easy to take out knockdown targets at 45-50 yard's & so do many other airgunners with .22 if you can't post's reply's without being sarcastic why bother it just make's you look a w#nker.

Dave .
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 18-09-2004 at 04:14 PM.

Re: HW100

Originally posted by Ziplobb
    NOW just waiting for .177 !!!!
    Yep and something doing with that stock . B.A.R. have some interesting developments.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk