Thread: Brocock FAC

Brocock FAC

Well here it is and it lists all three of my brococks as "air pistols".
    How hard is it now to get a variation for a rimmy?

I don't understand your post.

If you've got an FAC for your Brococks, and want a .22RF ticket then you belong on another forum.

I had to junk £700+ of Brococks (all cut up now). I have no sympathy at all with FAC holders, as they have yet again been less than helpful to air-gunners.

-------------------------------

Frank - the comments I deleted were SERIOUSLY out of order, mate, and out of character, too.

If you wish to explain/justify them please do so via a PM to me, not on this forum.

Thanks.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry D; 11-03-2004 at 08:59 AM.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    had to junk them ? why? what a waste.....
    why didnt you sell them to someone who could / would get them fac'd and keep them?

just curious as I cant imagine parting with mine without a fight.....

Originally posted by franktheferret
    [B]I don't understand your post.

I have no sympathy at all with FAC holders, as they have yet again been less than helpful to air-gunners.
    What on earth was that supposed to mean??! How were FAC holders supposed to defend air gunners?? Chain ourselves to the Palace railings? Shoot it out with the fuzz using our Brococks? Gor blimey, do be'ave!

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

c4jax Guest
    i am a airgunner and fac holder i see no difference at all.

you got to use the right tool for the right job.

i send faxes to mp every time i can

Franktheferret. It was a simple question requiring a simple answer. I have always been an air gunner and never felt the need to apply for a FAC because i never needed one,however now that i have to have one to keep my brococks why not expand it to cover rimfire to open up another aspect of my shooting hobby.I posted the question on the airgun section of this bbs in the hope that someone else in my situation would have the relevent information not to act as a catalyst for you to vent your anger against FAC holders and the current goverment legislation.

Viper, I asked the FLO that question when he came to see me.
    All you need is a letter of authorisation from the land owner/tenant & a map showing the bounderies, he (FLO) will inspect the land if it hasn't already and say yay or nay.
    I actually asked about FAC airgun but I should think it's similar....He told me I would need about 30 acres for air rifle and maybe more for a rimfire
    Reg

regmonster. Thanks for the reply but i was thinking more of target shooting mini rifle etc, any info would be appreciated.

As far as I'm aware, you cannot use target shooting as a reason for requiring a FAC.

Dave. Guest
    Target shooting is a perfectly valid reason, but you will need to be a member of a suitable shooting club.

Originally posted by Dave.
    Target shooting is a perfectly valid reason, but you will need to be a member of a suitable shooting club.

Further, I would also add that the police will normally require that you have served a relevent period as a probationary member of said club and will liase with the club as to your suitability/attendance before considering your application further.

It isn't just a case of joining a club and submitting a variation I'm afraid.

Thanks for the info guys.

RobinJackson Guest
    Originally posted by regsmonster
    Viper, I asked the FLO that question when he came to see me.
    All you need is a letter of authorisation from the land owner/tenant & a map showing the bounderies, he (FLO) will inspect the land if it hasn't already and say yay or nay.
    I actually asked about FAC airgun but I should think it's similar....He told me I would need about 30 acres for air rifle and maybe more for a rimfire
    Reg
    30 ACRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn me. I only have 1.5 acres and my FLO passed it no problem for may FAC rated air rifle.

Even tried to talk me into a Rimmie at one point?

Robin

I had my FLO visit today to check my gun cab is ok for my Brococks & SGC, and when we were talking I mentioned that I had just passed my probation at the local target club.
    He suggested I also stick down .22 rf, .38/.357 rifle, .44 ml and FAC air rifle just in case I want to get involved in that side of target shooting. Top bloke as this could save me money getting variations, athough cost me money in metal.
    As far as cutting up Brococks, well there were ample chances to sell them and/or apply for a FAC, infact you can still apply for a FAC before the end of the month so why cut them up ? sounds daft to me.