Thread: Co2 Revolvers

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

SMITH & WESSON VS CROSMAN

How does the Crosman 357GT compare with the Smith & Wesson, and what is that Daisy thing like?
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 11-03-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Not sure what the 'GT' refers to but I have a Crosman 357 with 6" barrel and a S&W 6".
    S&W is far superior build quality and a real joy to hold and fire. Accuracy is excellent. Trigger is good and the pistol works with a satisfying mechanical feel. Expect about 60 shots per gas capsule.

Crosman is a fine pistol... I use the 10 shot mag most, but is not as pleasant as the S&W... trigger is rough in comparison and there is much of a plastic feel around. Accuracy, is, however, very good. Expect more shots per gas capsule ... about 70 or 80 are possible.

Muzzle velocity of both is about the same ... around 360fps in a garage this weather, dropping off as capsule gives up.

So you pays your money and takes your choice. I get great fun from both. Note that JSR have the Crosman as remanufactured stock at £29.95 I believe.

Cheers, Phil

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Phil, what sort of accuracy do you get out of the S&W at 10m (single action)? And what pellets are best in this gun?

Crosman sounds good VFM but I like a sweet trigger.

Thanks, Alistair

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Ditto the Crosman being great VFM - and it slaughters the CP88 type junk in terms of both accuracy and efficiency
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

clubshot Guest

Thumbs up

The 6in Smith is the current Favorite amongst PP Shooters

www.practicalpistoluk.com

BOB/R

S&W 6"

Great to shoot - single action /single handed match style I can get most of the 10 shot mag in the black on a std 10m air pistol target @ 10m - single action & double handed I can get 3-4 shots in a ragged hole out of 10. Double action / single handed on 5 turning targets @ 25m over 8, 6, and 4 seconds I can hit the 25m pistol targets most of the time - but am by then having way to much fun to care. i.e the pistol is more accurate than me and well worth the £100 odd quid incl a few spare mags

Mike Pearce Guest
    There in one guy in the Glevum Police Pistol postal league that manages to post perfest scores with an S&W.

This is shot at 20, 15 & 7 metres at rates from 12 in 2 mins. to 2 shots in 3 seconds from a freestyle grip.

I can't get anywhere near those scores with mine!