Thread: Longer Ranges with 12ft/lb and FAC

Longer Ranges with 12ft/lb and FAC

Last week a friend and I decided to do some longer range shooting, he was using a sub 12ft/lb Logun Domin8or in .177, I was using an Taylored MFR in .22 running at 26ft/lb.

At 50m we both shot very small groups of around 18 mm, we then moved up to 75 yards, the Logun groups were probably about 50 mm, the MFR still at around 18mm, at 75 yds the Logun had seemed to run out steam, there wasn't any apparent wind, but I don't think it would need much to blow the Loguns pellets around at the low velocity they were now at.

I'm going to try the MFR and a .22 60 ft/lb Career at 100 m, then the Career at 150 and 200.

Ben
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

data book

i think it is important to mention something here as i havent seen it done yet. it is important to keep a logbook and record what you do exactly. this way you can repeat a shot or come very close. with proper data keeping, it is very possible to get 1st or 2nd shot hits at distances of 140 on pigeon clay sized targets. here is what i use to keep everything sorted. Many never realy get into this kind of shooting because they only have a go at it once, it takes them so many shots to get on target, but all that is wasted if no record is kept. im flipping through my pages everytime i want to make a long range session and sorting them by distance and season. I said by season because i get a good change in elevation(+\-3,4MOA) from summer to winter.
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../289555508.jpg

it is very rewarding to skim through and see what you did on that particular day and its a learning process too.
    btw regarding the 200yard shot, its gonna take you alooooott of elevation. just looked at my 170yard data sheet and i had dialed 55.5MOA+3mils and about 1.5MOA of wind to hit a ceramic plate 12x12." i had hit 2" off the POA