Thread: RWS C225 CO2 leaking

RWS C225 CO2 leaking

Hi all,

My favourite RWS C225 CO2 pistol has suddenly decided that it's not going to have anymore CO2 cylinders! It's been perfect up until now but when I put in a new cylinder it just empties itself immediately!

I've had a good look at the cylinder O ring seal as best I can and it looks in fine condition.

All the gas comes out around the grips so I would think it has to be the seal but it looks fine.

Any suggestions from anyone knowledgeable out there or is it a trip to the local gun shop?

Cheers

Gareth
    Try everything in life except incest & morris dancing - Guy Warrack (1900-86). Ah well, that just leaves incest...

Are you using quality co2 bulbs as i bought a dozen cheapos once and every one dumped all its gasmad:

Regards Kev

Hi
    I'm using the Walther/Umarex cylinders from Ramsbottoms. The first eight out of the latest box have been just fine then Pffffft!
    Try everything in life except incest & morris dancing - Guy Warrack (1900-86). Ah well, that just leaves incest...

andyw Guest
    Galopede: Sorry you are having this trouble - Most reviews say what a robust pistol this is, especially in comparison to the other CO2 clones. Sounds very much like the seals, but still could possibly be the bulbs - even the supposed quality ones could be faulty...maybe worth trying another box or indeed another manufacture ie Crosman? - As I have just purchased a C225 from this very BBS - I would be interested in the cause and cure of the problem!

clubshot Guest
    I could also be the Bottle contact seal.

It does dry out and break up.

Especially if you are dumping end of gas by just releasing the locking plate.

Also not helped by leaving bottles in for long periods.
    As this compacts the seal.

To release end of bottle , take out magazine , fire gun and hold down hammer , this releases end of bottle gas through pipes and not into seal.

Also the Bottle pearcers wear out or break off,
    leaving a gap between sealing and not sealing.

Good dealers do carry bottle seals.

Aware that Brococks do have a repair service.

Not aware of one for RWS's.

BOB/R

Thanks for the advice, especially from Clubshot on how to empty the last gas. (I usually fire it several times unloaded until the pressure's mostly gone)

I took it to my local gunsmith in Cheltenham today. He had a quick look at the seal then put in another cylinder and would you believe it, it was just fine. He reckons it must have been a couple of faulty or damaged cylinders. I've checked them a jeweller's loupe and there are a couple of very small dents on the sealing face, but I also looked at a couple of older ones I'd not thrown out and they weren't perfect either.

The gun hadn't been used for a few days when I tried to fit the cylinder. There wasn't a cylinder in it as I don't leave it gassed up for long.

If it starts again I'll try a box of a different make of Co2, but I would have thought the Walther/Umarex would be as good as any. I do put a little silicone grease on the seal every couple of cylinders too.

Good luck with yours Andyw. I'm certain there's nothing wrong with the pistol as it is so well built. It is a lovely gun. Do let me know if you have any problems. I don't think you will, apart from the odd indexing jam which they all get (except the Smith, bigger, chunkier mechanicals!)

Ah well, I'll see how it goes. It's still my favourite pistol! And I have a six inch Smith & Wesson too...

Cheers

Gareth

Andy bought mine as Im buying an Anics. The RWS is a lovely gun - mine had the nickel finish 4" barrel. Really well built and sturdy.

Only had one problem with a C02 capsule where I loaded it but not enough power to shoot a pellet. Couldnt release any pressure so took capsule out and it just released all C02. Tried another same brand and tightened bracket a bit more and it worked fine along with next 2.

The mags do jam sometimes but you learn how to load them the right way.

Other than that I cant fault the gun at all. Just hope the Anics I buy doesnt jam like a lot of peoples are

Simon.

Hi Guys
    You won't believe this but I used up the gas that the gun shop bloke put in and as I opened it up to take out the empty magazine, the barrle shot off!!

What has happened is that the small screw in the front of the gun, under the muzzle, has stripped the thread on the moving alloy rod with the barrel spring!

I've done a temporary repair with a small, self tapping screw but now I'm wondering if you know where I can get a replacement, or it's a trip back to the gunshop where they'll be sick of the sight of me soon.

I still love my C225 though. Shame that fixing rod isn't steel then the regular shock of opening the barrel assembly wouldn't strip the alloy thread...

To be continued?

Gareth