Thread: Air Arms S4*0 barrel and cylinder swap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Air Arms S4*0 barrel and cylinder swap

Ok folks, a pal of mine has a 410k and a 400 classic for hunting and HFT. He wants to have a 400k and 410 classic.

To me the easiest way is to swap the cylinder and barrel. Obviously power will need to be altered when the barrel length changes, which isn't a problem.

Having never worked on these rifles before does the cylinder just screw off when empty? I'd rather not take Andrea's out of the stock to find out!

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Yes, it just screws off. HOWEVER, you may want a spanner handy that fits the valve assembly on the end of the cylinder, in case you can unscrew it yourself (it's not bonded, just a very tight fit).

You're best off removing the action block (6 bolts) before unscrewing the cylinder as it can scratch it

Cheers

Cheers guys, sounds as easy as we thought. We'll do it tomorrow, thanks for the tip Mike it's saved some scratches!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Ryan, instead of changing the cylinder and barrel, just change the breech on both guns and then swap the barrels back... Will save the hassle of emptying the cylinders on both guns... Just watch for the O-ring between the action and breech (its quite small and thin...
    NO LONGER My s410

Ta Mate

Quote Originally Posted by andy coup View Post
    Ryan, instead of changing the cylinder and barrel, just change the breech on both guns and then swap the barrels back... Will save the hassle of emptying the cylinders on both guns... Just watch for the O-ring between the action and breech (its quite small and thin...
    He tried that earlier but tells me the 410 breech is different. I'll have a gander tomorrow, either way is pretty easy.

David you'll notice I said when empty! Thanks for the safety reminder.

Ryan

AirArmsDavid Guest
    If removing cylinder, remember to empty it by shooting all air, remove front barrel support and stock, put air tube in vice with rubber sheet in jaws and unscrew from receiver block.

Last edited by AirArmsDavid; 30-10-2007 at 10:47 PM.