Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Defra Licence:

Defra licence

I believe it is different in Wales. Was, anyway, a few years ago. I think sparrows and starlings were allowed. Mick.

Will This get me out of trouble.

Could this be used against police unware of the complete laws to get me out of trouble, or would they still need to arrest me?

the general licence as i understand it is a code to adhere to rather than something you have to apply for, also i think the semi auti issue applies to shotguns held on a shotgun certificate as opposed to a section one firearms certificate, A shotgun held on a shotgun certificate can only have capacity for two rounds in the mag and one round in the breech I think, wheras a shotgun held on a section one may exceed this capacity, as far as I am aware, hope that helps mate

defra licence

it seems your never to old to learn, its the first ive heard of these licences, but will print a copy and add it to my folder of credentrials, cant have too much proof of being a responsible shooter in my opinion, it all helps in aquiring permision, good stuff.

defra

Good info

thanks

Handy to have these, all helps when getting permissions I suppose....cheers for the link

Defra Licence

What does it say in licence about herons, and urban foxes last year i had six of my koi carp taken, all around may and june time, and last month i had three more taken from my pond. After last years loss i covered the pond with wire mesh, but that was destroyed by urban foxes, is a pcp rifle strong enough to take out a fox? if it was allowed. and the herons have ruined the ponds of quite a few people i know. As far as i know these menaces are protected, whats your view?

Quote Originally Posted by elmo fudd View Post
    What does it say in licence about herons, and urban foxes last year i had six of my koi carp taken, all around may and june time, and last month i had three more taken from my pond. After last years loss i covered the pond with wire mesh, but that was destroyed by urban foxes, is a pcp rifle strong enough to take out a fox? if it was allowed. and the herons have ruined the ponds of quite a few people i know. As far as i know these menaces are protected, whats your view?

I'm pretty sure you cannot shoot herons with anything, let alone a sub 12ftlb air rifle!

And foxes, are you kidding!?

JB
    Never eat yellow snow
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Don't even think of killing a Heron. A neighbours son killed one for the same reasons. A few months later a chap turned up with a meter and aerial. It turned out that the Heron was buried in his garden and had a transmitter implanted in it. They found it and he was fined.
    Sounds implausible to me but that's the storyline I got from his father.
    She was only an Admiral's daughter but her naval base was full of discharged seamen.