Thread: Defra Licence:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Defra Licence

What does it say in licence about herons, and urban foxes last year i had six of my koi carp taken, all around may and june time, and last month i had three more taken from my pond. After last years loss i covered the pond with wire mesh, but that was destroyed by urban foxes, is a pcp rifle strong enough to take out a fox? if it was allowed. and the herons have ruined the ponds of quite a few people i know. As far as i know these menaces are protected, whats your view?

Quote Originally Posted by elmo fudd View Post
    What does it say in licence about herons, and urban foxes last year i had six of my koi carp taken, all around may and june time, and last month i had three more taken from my pond. After last years loss i covered the pond with wire mesh, but that was destroyed by urban foxes, is a pcp rifle strong enough to take out a fox? if it was allowed. and the herons have ruined the ponds of quite a few people i know. As far as i know these menaces are protected, whats your view?

I'm pretty sure you cannot shoot herons with anything, let alone a sub 12ftlb air rifle!

And foxes, are you kidding!?

JB
    Never eat yellow snow
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Don't even think of killing a Heron. A neighbours son killed one for the same reasons. A few months later a chap turned up with a meter and aerial. It turned out that the Heron was buried in his garden and had a transmitter implanted in it. They found it and he was fined.
    Sounds implausible to me but that's the storyline I got from his father.
    She was only an Admiral's daughter but her naval base was full of discharged seamen.