Thread: BSA Airsporter.

BSA Airsporter.

I have a BSA Airsporter with Sn GM56277. Can anyone tell me its Year and designation ie Mk 3-4 ?.

Thanks Mike.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Mike, I am just off out down the range. Sorry I didn't see and read this last night, will dig out my reference books and scribe you an answer this evening (unless someone comes to your aid in the mean time ). Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 18-11-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Smile

hi your airsporter s was made between may 1979 to feb 1983 mk6 the gm bit of the serial number tells you that it is a .22 calibre it was a deluxe version of the airsporter and a very nice gun it is too hope this helps
    if u live life on the edge then your taking up to much room

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Mike, I am just off out down the range. Sorry I didn't see and read this last night, will dig out my reference books and scribe you an answer this evening (unless someone comes to your aid in the mean time ). Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    hi your airsporter s was made between may 1979 to feb 1983 mk6 the gm bit of the serial number tells you that it is a .22 calibre it was a deluxe version of the airsporter and a very nice gun it is too hope this helps
    Hi Stuart, you took the words right out of my mouth . Agree with you fully as the rifle's serial number makes it an Airsporter-S .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

THIS may be of interest although I do think they got the serial number prefix wrong. My Mk1 Airsporter S is 'GM'.

Oh, and welcome aboard MIKE.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Everyone.

Many thanks for the help identifying my Airsporter. Looks like its a worthwhile model to have. It has one or two small marks on the woodwork, but apart from that, its pretty good.
    Mike.