I have to agree that the P70FT is a one-hole machine. I have one in a P700 chassis with some minor mods and it's incredibly good at 30 metres indoors and it seems very flexible pellet wise. I would feel quite confident that with half decent JSBs at 25 yards this gun would not miss a 2mm target. The barrels on these must be good, I shot a load of reject JSBs out of the P70 and they still were one-holers, it doesn't need cleaning either. Cocking a P70 might make it move on the bags though.

Perhaps the most accurate thing I ever used at 30 metres was my much fiddled Walther Dominator when it was fitted with a hammer-forged poly barrel. I only changed the barrel because it was poor at longer range, only doing inch groups at 50 yards. It was so good out to medium range that it almost defied comprehension.

Having said all this there is no reason why your PT shouldn't produce results. What barrel shroud set up does it have? Is the crown OK? Does it throw the odd one whatever pellet you use?

I hope this sport goes somewhere, I've got a mint Baush and Lomb 36x40 BR scope ready and waiting.