Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Rifle Bench Rest Competition Shooting

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Robb thanks for the Fly badges came today. I do agrree it needs to be made more difficult. Head shot only?

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Sharpshoot1995 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alegazmoz View Post
    ..... sorry, shooting off a bench with a springer might be a laugh initially, but the fun doesn't last and you'll realise that a PCP, or match rifle are the only way to go.
    ATVB.
    Thanks for that but I've never had a problem with shooting with my HW80 off benchrest and have hit cans consistently at 40m+. Thanks for all the infor and yes I might buy a PCP in the near future when I get into the sport seriously

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshoot1995 View Post
    Thanks for that but I've never had a problem with shooting with my HW80 off benchrest and have hit cans consistently at 40m+. Thanks for all the infor and yes I might buy a PCP in the near future when I get into the sport seriously

Thanks
    How big are those tin cans because if they are twice the size of what Gary is aiming at that makes them 4mm and that is huge. Wont get much coca cola in them though.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

air arms hft 500

I shoot a air arms hft 500 in benchrest it has won me over twenty comps in the last three years I use jsb premium short skirt 8-44 grains

I've shot bench rest at 20 yards using my Walther LGR with a Hawk 4-12x50 and the NSRA scaled down 20 yard targets.
    I'm seriously looking at getting a PCP, as cocking the LGR is a pain each time.
    Walther LG400 appeals but would like to know if it would have enough power to shoot over 20 yards given its really designed for 10m.
    Also re Hendon league am I right to assume it can be shot with a .177 but then outward gauged as .22?
    cheers

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Holy thread resurrection Batman Over 10 years old this one!!!
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by pellet god View Post
    I shoot a air arms hft 500 in benchrest it has won me over twenty comps in the last three years I use jsb premium short skirt 8-44 grains
    May I ask what scope you are using on the HFT for your BR, I am using my HFT for some BR and loving it.

I like my BR shooting,but when it comes up for discussion on here who is shooting what league?
    Do you shoot using a rear support?or not?
    What target are you shooting at? County type, NSRA OR UK22?
    Distance, 20 or 25 yds?
    Does the final score differentiate between the 20yds and 25yds?
    Does your league mix air and rim fire together?
    And i am sure there are more out there, so when some one says i shoot 210 regularly, on what and under who's rules?
    Discuss?
    Don.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    I like my BR shooting,but when it comes up for discussion on here who is shooting what league?
    Do you shoot using a rear support?or not?
    What target are you shooting at? County type, NSRA OR UK22?
    Distance, 20 or 25 yds?
    Does the final score differentiate between the 20yds and 25yds?
    Does your league mix air and rim fire together?
    And i am sure there are more out there, so when some one says i shoot 210 regularly, on what and under who's rules?
    Discuss?
    Don.
    I agree with you Don, i think Bench Rest is over complicated and needs simplification. Throw yourself into the deep end and come and shoot head to head and get involved
    See here:
    https://www.portisheadshootingclub.c...ons/index.html