Thread: CZ Mach2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If we all had the same ideas we would all have the same guns.

It's a good bit more 'subtle' than an HMR - I chose to go HM2 and then jump up to Hornet - the HM2 does everything up to large bunnies up to 125 - the Hornet up to fox up to 200 and then out comes the bigger stuff.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Smile First proper shoot

Took it out for its first proper shoot on Saturday. At fifty meters with Eley ( blue tipped) all five shots touched each other. Pushed it out to 100 but it stared to get a bit gusty and the groups opened upto inch and a half. The Reamington ammo didn't group as well. About 3/4 inch at fifty meters. Didn't do them at 100 meters. The Eley performed well over the chrono with about a 30 fps spread. The gun has only had about 100 rounds through it and has still got the origional crown. I worked and polished the trigger group and it now lets off crisp at 1 1/2 lbs. No problems with the drop test at this weight.
    Will get a few more boxes of ammo down it over the next few weeks, and will re thread and crown ot see what happens. All data has been kept so far and will eventually type up a little report to let you know how its doing.

Future tests:-
    1) chop down barrel and see what happens
    2) borrow, buy, steal or beg the use of a sound level unit to see how it performs against its big brother and other things ie .22lr high velocity.

Neil

Good night last night

Went out with this rifle last night with the old NV on it ( see write up in NV section) What a great tool. This has to be the ultimate bunny round ( as previously stated by Baz ) Hits every thing you point it at with very little work on my part. Very forgiving on judging distance ie very flat. And from the out side of the rabbit, not much meat damage unlike the Hmr. The sonic crack is there, but after a few shots you get used to it and up to 11.00 on the night, road noise and the TV will occupy most people. The tigger polish and spring change has made all the difference. Still very tempted to chop the barrel and see what she can do. All in all very pleased.

Glad to see someone else likes the Mach2. As for why you would want one if you have a 22lr--it's just much better. Noisier -yes, but with a SAK silencer on it's no noisier than a 22lr using subs with no silencer. Zeroed at 75 yds it's pretty much 'straight at 'em' up to 120 yds. Kranks do ammo (Eley blue tips) at £45 for 500.
    I have an HMR and a 22LR. As a night time bunny popper the HM2 reigns supreme, laser accurate and less chance of Rick O'shays. Headshots all the way, now if we could just persuade someone to allow them in semi auto in the UK !!!!!
    You want it fixed when??!

After fitting the trigger kit, i finally got round to having a play with my new 17Mach2 CZ American on New years day. Seemed to be shooting ok at first but then groups started to open up(possibly fouling in the barrel, also need to float the barrel fully). On returning home i emptied the spent cases from my coat pocket to find a number of them had split on firing, looking on RFC showed this was a problem with some Hornady ammo(which i was using) and on checking the remaining 3 and a half boxes found nearly fifty cases with split necks.

I am hoping this was the reason for the iffy grouping and at least now i can elliminate this factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxbox View Post
    Glad to see someone else likes the Mach2. As for why you would want one if you have a 22lr--it's just much better. Noisier -yes, but with a SAK silencer on it's no noisier than a 22lr using subs with no silencer. Zeroed at 75 yds it's pretty much 'straight at 'em' up to 120 yds. Kranks do ammo (Eley blue tips) at £45 for 500.
    I have an HMR and a 22LR. As a night time bunny popper the HM2 reigns supreme, laser accurate and less chance of Rick O'shays. Headshots all the way, now if we could just persuade someone to allow them in semi auto in the UK !!!!!
    Couldn't take to the HM2, sold mine after a month and several disappointing outings. Accuracy was brilliant is still conditions, but I found It was far too affected by even the slightest breeze for headshots at 125 yards.
    The bullets from the mach 2 and the HMR will still richochet at ranges of 200yards, as there is not enough energy left to distroy the little pill.

.17 mach 2

DOXBOX you have a pm

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system