Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ Mach2

Glad to see someone else likes the Mach2. As for why you would want one if you have a 22lr--it's just much better. Noisier -yes, but with a SAK silencer on it's no noisier than a 22lr using subs with no silencer. Zeroed at 75 yds it's pretty much 'straight at 'em' up to 120 yds. Kranks do ammo (Eley blue tips) at £45 for 500.
    I have an HMR and a 22LR. As a night time bunny popper the HM2 reigns supreme, laser accurate and less chance of Rick O'shays. Headshots all the way, now if we could just persuade someone to allow them in semi auto in the UK !!!!!
    You want it fixed when??!

After fitting the trigger kit, i finally got round to having a play with my new 17Mach2 CZ American on New years day. Seemed to be shooting ok at first but then groups started to open up(possibly fouling in the barrel, also need to float the barrel fully). On returning home i emptied the spent cases from my coat pocket to find a number of them had split on firing, looking on RFC showed this was a problem with some Hornady ammo(which i was using) and on checking the remaining 3 and a half boxes found nearly fifty cases with split necks.

I am hoping this was the reason for the iffy grouping and at least now i can elliminate this factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxbox View Post
    Glad to see someone else likes the Mach2. As for why you would want one if you have a 22lr--it's just much better. Noisier -yes, but with a SAK silencer on it's no noisier than a 22lr using subs with no silencer. Zeroed at 75 yds it's pretty much 'straight at 'em' up to 120 yds. Kranks do ammo (Eley blue tips) at £45 for 500.
    I have an HMR and a 22LR. As a night time bunny popper the HM2 reigns supreme, laser accurate and less chance of Rick O'shays. Headshots all the way, now if we could just persuade someone to allow them in semi auto in the UK !!!!!
    Couldn't take to the HM2, sold mine after a month and several disappointing outings. Accuracy was brilliant is still conditions, but I found It was far too affected by even the slightest breeze for headshots at 125 yards.
    The bullets from the mach 2 and the HMR will still richochet at ranges of 200yards, as there is not enough energy left to distroy the little pill.

.17 mach 2

DOXBOX you have a pm

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Time to chop

Got the log burner on in the shed, stripped the rifle down in the kitchen,whilst it warms up. I will be chopping 4 inch off the origional 21 barrel tonight, and rethreading and recrowning. Will post some pictures of the origional crown, some of the ongoing works and then finished item.
    Will dig out existing velocity and accuracy figures, and will then retest the new barrel length to see what difference it has made.
    Fingers crossed.
    Neil

Looking forward to the results from the barrel chop. Going to have mine cut down and was thinking about 15 inch(should've burnt up all the powder in the case by then).

Barrel Chop

Done the work on the barrel. Took 5 inch off and rethreaded and crowned. Just put it over the crono and the average FPS has dropped from 1999 to 1959. Therefore a reduction in barrel length of 1 inch gives a reduction of 8 FPS.

Hi Neil

Are theses crono figures using the ely blue tip rounds, i think ive read somewhere that theses produced the highest fps, i see that before you
    started to shorten the barrel, 2000fps is 100fps down on the 2100fps
    advertised figures, ( no disrespect intended ), im very interested in your
    reviews, because ive just ordered the same gun, havent seen it yet, still
    at rfd, i was told its got a 22" barrel as standed, so have you had yours cut
    to 16", are you pleased with this and the gun in general, because this what
    i intend doing

Thanks Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system