Thread: Opinions on the Steyr LP50 Please

Opinions on the Steyr LP50 Please

I'm just getting back into 10m pistol and as such am looking to upgrade to a suitable pistol.

I was looking at a 2nd hand FWB P34, but would really like to be able to do timed and rapid / duelling as well, which will obviously require a semi auto.

I know some prefer to run both single and multi shot pistols on account of the reputidly better triggers of the latter, but I can't afford to do this and would prefer to only have one pistol to get to grips with.

To those who own or have used the LP50, what is your opinion of the trigger? Are the pistols reliable? What are your overall impressions?

Cheers

If you haven't already done so have a look at this forum
    http://www.targettalk.org/index.php
    Regards,
    Paul

The LP50 has a specified minimum trigger weight of 200g, on the LP10 it is just specified at 500g, no max or min

Quote Originally Posted by theboymike View Post
    I'm just getting back into 10m pistol and as such am looking to upgrade to a suitable pistol.

I was looking at a 2nd hand FWB P34, but would really like to be able to do timed and rapid / duelling as well, which will obviously require a semi auto.

I know some prefer to run both single and multi shot pistols on account of the reputidly better triggers of the latter, but I can't afford to do this and would prefer to only have one pistol to get to grips with.

To those who own or have used the LP50, what is your opinion of the trigger? Are the pistols reliable? What are your overall impressions?

Cheers
    I have an LP50 and the trigger is excellent, the pistol has been 100% reliable and awesomely accurate.
    At first I was a little dubious about the magazine system, but mine has been faultless.

Cheers gents

Pauln - I did stumble upon that forum after posting, thanks - tis very informative

Scooby - It appears that they are both adjustable, but I think the crux is that the LP50 has to have more sear engagement so isn't as crisp.. Either would have to be 500g anyway for comp.

CRX - thanks for your input - how crisp do you find the trigger release?
    I've had a go with an LP5 in the past but it was wrong handed so I didn't get a good feel for the trigger. Do you compete with yours or is it just a pricey plinker?

Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    I have an LP50 and the trigger is excellent, the pistol has been 100% reliable and awesomely accurate.
    At first I was a little dubious about the magazine system, but mine has been faultless.
    I agree with that, i've had mine for over 2 years with no faults at all....awesome pistol, super accurate with a superb trigger.

I have shot a lot of the top end spec pistols but my LP50 will stay with me forever
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

[Mr Burns]Excellent[/Mr Burns]

Mr Preston, my local gunshop, the bank and Allah permitting, I should have one in my sweaty palms before christmas

Quote Originally Posted by theboymike View Post
    Cheers gents

Pauln - I did stumble upon that forum after posting, thanks - tis very informative

Scooby - It appears that they are both adjustable, but I think the crux is that the LP50 has to have more sear engagement so isn't as crisp.. Either would have to be 500g anyway for comp.

CRX - thanks for your input - how crisp do you find the trigger release?
    I've had a go with an LP5 in the past but it was wrong handed so I didn't get a good feel for the trigger. Do you compete with yours or is it just a pricey plinker?
    Hi again,

I think that you need to try one to appreciate it yourself, the trigger is adjustable to your preference. I have about 45 pistols (many are vintage) and my son has an LP10, but I personally find the LP50 to be the best that I have used.