Thread: where's the best place to get an air cartridge revolver deactivated?

where's the best place to get an air cartridge revolver deactivated?

hi all,
    as above anyone know where to get it done and the cost? reason being is that its a air cartridge walker colt so the old chap wants to hang on to it with out the bother of a fac.

thanks

guy

pop down the local cop shop and they will advise you.
    if your lucky the defra man will be about somewhere.
    there is a shop in stamford that will do the job for you, i`ll try to find the address.

Toady Guest

Ok

I can understand your thinking - a blank firing version of the 1851 Navy (IDENTICAL to the Brocock!) was selling - and probably still is - for nearly £150. Brococks themselves were selling the same thing - which will take a 9mm blank for £80. Work that out -and they were down to £50 in the desperate last days NEW. I would personally not have a blank firer but I understand your point. I dont know if pinning the barrel will suffice for the new laws but a competent gunsmith should be able to do it for £30 max but then youve got to get it registered! Maybe leave it as it is and apply for a Part 1 at £50? Hope that helps
    Jason

Keef Guest
    As I understand it firearm dealers can only have the TAC type weapons in their possesion if they are registered as Section 5 dealers.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Toady Guest

Hi Keef

A RFD can have possesion as can an idividual but time is running out - either get it on an FAC - hand it in for no compensation - or while you have time get it on an FAC, I believe you have grace to get it deactivated - so avoiding FAC laws. If it is just the one gun I would suggest going FAC as it is easy - chain it to the fabric of the building with a secure bike chain and declare it as "collectors not to be fired - as ornament or collectable" and you should be OK. It is not difficult to have it as a shooting iron if you can prove security and suitability of the owner - no reason to prove grounds to use. Coleectabillity should be OK. Down to your local force. Speak to the FLO not some jumped up idiot.

so anyway has anyone got any names of decent places to deact it?

thanks

guy

AS far as I'm aware, there is now a specific section five category for tac guns. My local shop is sec 5, but does not have the tac authority, and the home office refused it out of hand without very good reason (as they have already applied). This means taht they cannot buy, or hold any tac guns. I am also under the impression that they cannot currently be deactivated, as no deactivation standards have been agreed. I would think the only place that you can get a reliable answer would be the HO, so I would ring them and ask. If the answer is suitable, ask them for it in writing, so there can be no later denial.

robin

Toady Guest

My apologies Rob

Yes you are of course right - no deactivation standard has been set so contact those in authority AND GET IT IN WRITING just in case so you are not held responsible for an illegal deact

Sam Guest
    Spot on Keef, only section 5 dealers can hold them, I had to check up on this one recently, unfortunately had to decline the work as i am not section 5.

Keef Guest
    Section 5 RFD! In my dreams.
    Some time ago I had an idea for a short shotgun that would have been Sect 5. When I enquired about being one I was told that it is issued by the Home Office, not the local police. The requirements were so strict for an industrial unit that I passed on it.

Talking

emigrate to France .......they think of these as toys not as our twisted government do

Nev

http://veteransinaction.org.uk My favourite Military Charity

http://nevsniggles.com Handyman Services

hold that page.
    i used my yellow pages as a back stop. but i will find the addys of the stamford shop. also i used to use sandy gun and tackle. he`s good and if he doesn`t know he knows someone that does.
    you could look up whitlesey gun shop also.

gerrys Guest
    ohhhhhhhh.........the pain,...... the pain..../

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Spoke to Brococks , they have looked into it and not a viable operation for them.

But sorting me out the names of two accepted services which can do the job.

Understanding it's around £70.00 cost per gun , as it has to be reproofed after worked carried out.

BOB/R