Thread: Haenel 312 repair and strip

Haenel 312 repair and strip

I've just finished working on my Haenel 312 sidelever match rifle. After repairing a split in the stock, I removed the old varnish, and applied an oiled finish. Before stripping the gun for tuning, I checked out a Polish website, and managed to find a Polish speaker to translate the instructions. Finding a new spring was almost impossible, but eventually I settled for an upgraded ASI-size spring, and cut this down to fit. As the coil diameter was wider than the original, I had to cut the length down slightly, as the bent would not engage the sear (not sure if these terms are correct!). The workmanship on the Haenel compared to (comments on) modern weapons was first class, and I really didn't need to remove any rough edges or burnish anything. The leather washer was in good condition, so I re-used it. After applying the usual Abbey lubes and re-assembling, the gun is shooting consistently (it was fine before, but only pushed out 4.7ft lbs). I haven't had it chrono tested yet, but at ten metres, Air Arms pellets disintegrate against a steel plate.

I would be willing to help other 312 owners who may have reservations about attempting a strip down/tune, although I don't claim to be an expert. It seems there is hardly any advice to hand about how to work on this rifle, apart from the Polish site, yet there must be hundreds out there.

A question for collectors - what guns made in the past 20 years will be most collectable in say 100 years from now? Has anyone any ideas?

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Could you let me have the url for the Polish site please?

Haenel 312 Polish website

The Polish website for the 312 is http://kanciapka.cba.pl/

If you click on the headings, you'll find several drop-down menus, and some excellent photos. There is also a link buried in the text for a shop in Poland selling springs and washers for the 312, as well as the linkage for the sidelever. However, I haven't tried to buy anything yet.

Haenel 312 Repair and Strip

The address of the Polish website for the 312 is http://kanciapka.cba.pl/

Why aren't there more sites as good as this, but in English?

Hi,

Guy running below mentioned site is very knowledgeable in German airguns, current models and old ones. He understands German, but I believe you can also try in English.

http://www.akhobby.pl/

Contact details for him:

http://www.akhobby.pl/index.php?a=t&...e57c45496dd68a

He is very busy so do not be disappointed if you don't get the answer immediatelly. Just have a try again. If he doesn't have something, he should know where to get it from.

Hubert

question for collectors - what guns made in the past 20 years will be most collectable in say 100 years from now? Has anyone any ideas?

I think that Webley Pistols will continue to be collected so the last of the overlever designs will be very sought after (ie Hurricane, Tempest and Typhoon models) also Good BSA Scorpions and BSA 240 magnum models are getting increasingly hard to find.
    My own thoughts as to what will be collected tend to go towards standard production models made by the major makers such as Webley,BSA,Diana, Gamo etc rather than one offs or customised "Bling Bling" specials.
    I would also say that springers would be worth investing in rather than PCP's or gas guns as the seals often let these down over time, and I think springers would probably be inherently longer lived than their more modern gas or compressed air counterparts.

Querky designs will also be collectable in time as these tend to be less popular than more mainstream models so will be scarcer in twenty,thirty forty years time than the others. A classic example of this will be the Cometa Indian Airpistol. Get yours soon if you want to make money
    You heard it here first !!!!!
    Lakey