Thread: Another pistol competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post

Matt/Biggles
    Thanks for info on BAR. Yet another FAS604 came into the club this week and needs new seals. I changed the piston and breech seals which improved matters, but it wont hold the charge for long, so I guess the smaller O-rings on the exhaust v/v also need replacing
    No worries
    As I'm sure you know, but for the benefit of others who may read this, once you've got the gun apart, replacing the valve o-rings isn't a hard job - three o-rings - one requires dissassembly of the valve. However try not to completely remove the tiny roll pin which holds the valve assembly together (leave it located in one side of the valve head). I did knock it out completely and it looks like it's going to be a bu**er to replace

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    FAS606
    Does anyone out there own a FAS 606
    I have seen articles on this good looking single stroke pneumatic but never seen one in the metal
    I've never seen one, although Mr Clevely of Checkmate Guns (FAS guru by all accounts and very helpful on the phone), did mention that while he thought the 604 a lovely gun, he considered the 606 to be a "disaster" ....

cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by MattW; 13-12-2007 at 12:09 PM.

score site updated.
    Cheers
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Competition first round

I'd like to join the competition if I may.

With as FAS604 (on loan so I hope I manage to hold onto it for the duration)

It is my first competition, being new to air pistolling, so I'll have to see how I get on.

43 - 39 - 40 - 47 - total 169.

I hope to enter some scores with an HW10 and a Baikal in the next couple of days.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, you are mopre than welcome. You have been added to the list and the scores updated.
    Cheers
    Graeme

More competition results

As promised - I am trying with a range of pistols, and my further results are:

weihrauch hw40

31 - 37 - 30 - 40 Total = 138

Baikal izh-46m

37 - 43 - 42 - 43 Total = 165

Some work to do here obviously!

Andrew

scores updated

cheers
    G

OK - finally got the new seals (flippin' Christmas post ) and reassembled my FAS 604.

After a long 'getting used to a new gun' and zeroing session (where my groupings progressed from "handful of gravel thrown at a target" to what could reasonably be called a "group"), I shot my first cards. Although this was a long ~100 ish pellet session, I shot my cards a couple of hours later (walked the dog) and just took 10 warm up shots (hope this is ok):

MattW, FAS 604, 6 yd targets

36, 41, 41, 40

Plenty of room for improvement (isn't it annoying when a rushed shot bu**ers up a potentially decent card!)

I just love the feel of the gun - the trigger in particular is fantastic (well, fantastic to me anyway, not that I've much experience of really good triggers ). However, there's no hiding with a quality pistol is there? - it's all down to me now....

cheers and a Merry Christmas to you and your families!

Matt
    Last edited by MattW; 23-12-2007 at 05:31 PM.