Thread: Another pistol competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Right!
    Hope I'm not jumping the gun, but to get the show on the road (and get the laughs over with!) here are my first four ABYSSMAL cards, shot last night with a Baikal IZH 53M.

5 7 7 9 9 37
    5 7 8 9 9 38
    5 6 7 8 9 35
    6 8 8 9 10x 41
    ------------------
    151/ 200

Must practice more with this springy thing; first time I picked one up I did an 86!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Abysmal?

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Right!
    Hope I'm not jumping the gun, but to get the show on the road (and get the laughs over with!) here are my first four ABYSSMAL cards, shot last night with a Baikal IZH 53M.

5 7 7 9 9 37
    5 7 8 9 9 38
    5 6 7 8 9 35
    6 8 8 9 10x 41
    ------------------
    151/ 200

Must practice more with this springy thing; first time I picked one up I did an 86!
    I wish I could be doing so abysmally bad with my Beeman, The BEST card I ever shot was 37/50; TYPICAL card is far worse.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Iron sights? Optics?

I assume this will be iron sights only? (I hope so; I don't own a scope!)

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim
    welcome on board
    gotta admit I had not even thought about anything other than iron sights being used.

But, yes, iron sights are the order of the day.
    Cheers
    Graeme

Results at http://www.shireshop.co.uk scroll to bottom right for link to results page.
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Good!

Tres bien!

My kind of a pistol competition, where "one hand" and "open sights", go without saying!

Jim

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

4 off 5 shot cards @ 10m with a springer.

I`m up for this when all the niceties are settled. I`ve dusted off the FWB 90 and on a trial run I`ve managed:-

Card 1 Card 2 Card 3 Card 4
    43 45 37 42 167/200 total using R10 4.49x7.7grn.

Card 3 was a disaster; must do better.

Count me in!

Me too! In the meantime I shot a couple of the "6 Yard" targets for practice:

40, 35, 31, 33.

Not so good for a lot of shooters, but very good for me.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I wish I could be doing so abysmally bad with my Beeman, The BEST card I ever shot was 37/50; TYPICAL card is far worse.

Jim
    Keep at it Jim and it will click in place, especially with a pneumatic. My PB with a Daisy 717 was 88/100 and with the Alfa it's 95. These are single cards though, not averages. It's a shock to the system going back to a (modest) springer, but satisfying if and when it works!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Final attempt .....

... but which I reckon was worth it as it should remove any doubt we're all using the same sizes, at least within tolerances that make it insignificant.

Looks as though NSRA adopted the ISSF 'standard', but there are otherwise enough variations out there, including some which may be defunct, but you'd bet remain lying around in dim dark corners of cupboards.

Attached is my final attempt to satisfy, so has three options:

1 & 2 : two 10M editions - one with a single target out to the 1 ring and one with 4 bulls on a page for the brave souls who are confident they can hit 5+ every shot

and

3 : a single page with 4 full targets, but scaled down for shooting at 6 YARDS.

Before anyone says anything, the 4x10M sheet bulls LOOK bigger compared with the single. It's an illusion!

All the best

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member