Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Another pistol competition

Cheers Biggles, might just do that.

Rod

Hi Rodd

er...what Biggles said.

To All competitors

I believe there is enough demand to run another competition after this one.
    It will be almost exactly the same rules as per this one, and will run from June to November 2008, thus leaving Christmas free.
    The big difference will be it will be your best 5 out of 6. So at the end of the competition only your best 5 scores will count. This will allow (should you wish) a month off for whatever reason.

Also there will be a prize again. This time not a voucher as I realise we have folk from abroad playing and it is of little use to them. So....... as some of you will have noticed from the scores website, I make silver ( just venturing into gold!) jewellery. I will make and post a Sterling Silver curb T-bar bracelet to the winner, it will be suitable for a man and quite substantial and being handmade by me will be unique. As soon as I can photograph it I will post a picture as I currently wear one myself.
    I hope this meets with everyones approval.

After the final scores are in for the first competition ending this month and the results announced, I will remove the scores from the site and re-use the template for the new competition.

regards
    Graeme
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Sounds good!

Sounds good to me, Polly, I'm up for another round!

I'll be in England before you know it! We leave tomorrow, will arrive on the
    14th. I'm meeting a couple of mates from our forum.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Sounds good to me, Polly, I'm up for another round!

I'll be in England before you know it! We leave tomorrow, will arrive on the
    14th. I'm meeting a couple of mates from our forum.

Jim
    To Polly ... what he said re another round.

To Jim

Hope you have a safe journey and a great time in ol' Blighty. If the weather stays as it has been for the past week or so, you'll go home wondering what the heck it is we Brits are notorious for whining about. Blue skies and scorching sun for the past couple of days; been mid to high 20s Celsius down here in Sussex (that's high 70s and into the 80s Fahrenheit in USA speak ). However, latest forecasts suggest we keep this until your arrival , then it gets damp and 5-10 degrees cooler.

atvb

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Thanks, Biggles.

Your weather right now is exactly what it's like in New Orleans right now!

I won't be at all disappointed if it gets a bit cooler, though: I prefer cool (but not cold) weather. Can do without the rain, though.

A friend of mine from New Orleans lived in London for about three years, and decided that the British Empire had been build on your weather: that the weather was so dreary there that the Brits were willing to travel anywhere and fight anyone, just to have a more pleasant place to live!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

My scores for May with my Gamo Compact are, 44, 44, 44, 34. Total 166.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesr View Post
    My scores for May with my Gamo Compact are, 44, 44, 44, 34. Total 166.
    Blimey ... should have focussed quicker as read that as a straight series of 44s.

Still good shooting m8; your PB for the comp I beleive

Biggles - who HAS put an alarmed reminder in Outlook that this coming Saturday is the drop-dead date for entries in the final round, and really must go and find his HW and some pellets. Things been very hetic here. Apart from usual incredibly busy time at work, I've also been helping set up and running the 'new' Sussex Interclub HFT series.
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Yes, I thought I was on a roll until the last target when it all went a bit pear shaped!! Still, as you say a PB, so I'm chuffed.

Mays scores from L&D

Hi Graham
    Scores for final round are as follows
    Pete:

HW45 springer 45/40/35/38 = 158
    FAS 604 40/42/45/41 = 168

John:

Walther LP53 44/36/42/38 = 160
    Fas 604 44/42/40/40 =166

Can you let me know placings in the recoiling class

I would certainly like to enter another comp.I will also check with Pete next Wednesday. Best 5 from 6 sounds excellent

ATBest
    John
    hold me back !!

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Final round scores.

10 10 10 9 8 = 47
    10 10 9 9 9 = 47
    10 10 9 9 7 = 45
    10 9 9 9 9 = 46
    Total = 185

Nice conditions today too.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Thanks, Biggles.

Your weather right now is exactly what it's like in New Orleans right now!

I won't be at all disappointed if it gets a bit cooler, though: I prefer cool (but not cold) weather. Can do without the rain, though.

A friend of mine from New Orleans lived in London for about three years, and decided that the British Empire had been build on your weather: that the weather was so dreary there that the Brits were willing to travel anywhere and fight anyone, just to have a more pleasant place to live!

Jim
    Well, from what I've seen of England's weather last July and this May: I'm ready to pack up and move there!

We just got back late last night. Loved the place! I saw some drizzle and a bit of overcast, but for the most part it was cool and sunny. Didn't have a drop of rain fall on me the whole time.

Jim

Thanks guys
    scores updated

any more entries need to be in by 12 pm midnight tonight UK time

cheers
    Graeme.
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

May scores

Sorry I'm so late with these.

Scores with my Gamo Compact

8,7,8,9,9 = 41
    9,10,5,7,8 = 39
    8,6,10,7,9 = 40
    7,9,8,8,6 = 38

total 158
    Cheers

Brian

Smile Biggles remembers ... and does something about it

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Thanks guys
    scores updated

any more entries need to be in by 12 pm midnight tonight UK time

cheers
    Graeme.
    Hi Graeme (et al)

Had I read your reminder, it would only have added to the 'bleeping' which my Outlook calendar alarm has been doing for most of this last week. However, even before returning to the thread here this evening (been avoiding looking - didn't want to see others' scores ), this week - much like the rest of this month - has been ever more manic at work, meaning that I've been working very long hours in to the evenings too, and completely 'kn**kered come the time of day when I might have got the HW75 out of its box.

Net result is that I've not shot (pistol) since submitting the April card. Bad news.

Shot one practice and the final comp card this evening, completing the latter 20 mins ago.

Unlike John (snoops) - brilliant shooting for the final round m8 - there's little doubt that my lack of practice means I have not managed to reduce the number of flyers which have bugged me during the series. I really must get that chart out (the one which shows what you're doing wrong based on where the shot falls), as majority of my 'pulls' seem to go out at between 2 & 3 o'clock, with the ocassional one down at 6 o'clock.

Anyway ... here's the votes (sorry ... scores) from Newhaven for the final round :

10,10,10,10,7 = 47 (prob my best group ever - were it not for the silly 7 @ 3 o'clock)
    10,9,8,8,6 = 41
    10,10,9,7,6 = 42
    10,9,9,8,7 = 43

for a grand (but could/should do better ) total of 173

I hope that either you're 'sitting' on Pagoda's final round score and can now reveal it, or that he's been hanging on to it pending my post. To be honest, I wouldn't have been surprised to get a PM from you asking us to PM you our scores for the final.

atvb to you and everyone who's taken part, and now looking forward to the next comp.

Biggles

I'm ready to pack up and move there!

Jim
    Hi Jim

Don't you dare move over here !!

There's me been thinking that a trip to your side of the pond might find a friend in town, and you talk of emigrating. Doh

Seriously (who said I wasn't), pleased to hear that you enjoyed the visit and the weather. If you'd stayed until this evening, you'd probably have seen the 'missing' rain. We have weather (flood) warnings all over the place - south west, south east and home counties (a band across UK, to north of London) - for the next 24-48 hours.

atb

Biggles