Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Another pistol competition

Hi all
    some mighty fine shooting coming in!
    Unless I have missed it, Pagoda has not yet submitted a score for May, I stand to be corrected but have double checked back through the threads and unless I overlooked it I cannot see a submission.
    He could of course be holding us all in suspense until the midnight hour!

I will be away FT'ing tomorrow so will not get to do a final update until mid afternoon, when I will announce another small surprize. ( don't get too excited, it's nothing major).

Scores on site updated.

regards
    G
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Hi all
    some mighty fine shooting coming in!
    Unless I have missed it, Pagoda has not yet submitted a score for May, I stand to be corrected but have double checked back through the threads and unless I overlooked it I cannot see a submission.
    He could of course be holding us all in suspense until the midnight hour!

I will be away FT'ing tomorrow so will not get to do a final update until mid afternoon, when I will announce another small surprize. ( don't get too excited, it's nothing major).

Scores on site updated.

regards
    G
    All the best with your FT'ing, Mr G.

Hopefully for you you're not doing as I shall, dragging yourself out of bed at 5am, to go and set up the course

My club is hosting its first ever 'full blown' HFT comp next Sunday, and we've GOT to have a proper go tomorrow at getting it all sorted.

For same reason as you, I shall therefore NOT be watching this thread at the bewitching hour.

Biggles (excited in spite of your attempt to suggest that a new 'surprise' is nothing to get excited about )
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Well thats it, I hope it was enjoyable and would like to thank you for taking part.
    The results are as follows
    RESULTS

1st Biggles 1032

2nd Pollydog 976 (Excluded from prizes)

3rd Derekm 955

4th Snooper601 888

Recoiling

1st John2 794

2nd Pete2 741

John offered a prize for the best recoilng total score and excluded himself from winning hence it will pass to Pete.

The "little surprize" I mentioned previously is hinted at above. I have decided to give a little something to 2nd and 3rd places, as I exclude myself from prizes it means 3rd place passes to Snooper601.
    So if Biggles, Derekm and Snooper601 would kindly email there postal address I will get prizes sent out.
    Biggles I need your address to send you a voucher that I will now organise with Ramsbottoms.

Well done and thank you to all those who took part. Next competition starts now, scores to be submitted by June 24th 12pm midnight UK time at latest.

Same targets, same rules, but this will be your best 5 scores from 6, so you have the option of a month off if required.

Prize for 1st place will be a "Sterling silver handmade curb t-bar bracelet" made by me, weighing ahefty 31grams and (if the pictures work) similar to the one pictured.
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...racelet003.jpg
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...racelet002.jpg

Biggles.
    I hope you had better weather than us for your shoot,wind and rain made a very testing FT shoot today. Hope all went well for you.
    cheers
    Graeme
    Last edited by pollythedog; 25-05-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: pictures added.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Smile Cheers...

...to the winners and placers, to all who participated, and most of all, to Graeme for organizing and running it all!

And best of luck to all of us in the new competition!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi Jim

Don't you dare move over here !!

There's me been thinking that a trip to your side of the pond might find a friend in town, and you talk of emigrating. Doh

Seriously (who said I wasn't), pleased to hear that you enjoyed the visit and the weather. If you'd stayed until this evening, you'd probably have seen the 'missing' rain. We have weather (flood) warnings all over the place - south west, south east and home counties (a band across UK, to north of London) - for the next 24-48 hours.

atb

Biggles
    Well, Biggles, I'm here in the US for the next 3 years + for sure, until I can retire, so you're welcome to visit anytime till then.

Weird about the UK's flooding: it happened after we left, and New Orleans flooded while we were gone. Great timing on our part!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    ...to the winners and placers, to all who participated, and most of all, to Graeme for organizing and running it all!

And best of luck to all of us in the new competition!

Jim
    Absolutely what that man said - thrice over - specially the bit about all Graeme's work

email on its way to you Graeme - please let me know if it DOESN'T arrive soon. Been having all sorts of probs with Orange account, sometimes unable to send at all, sometimes appears to 'go' but doesn't always arrive at @hotmail addresses.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste
    With the uncertainty at Dukinfield AGC (where the club premises are under threat) and preparation for Capesthorne and Tatton car shows, I missed the deadline. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Graeme for organising things.
    Laudator temporis acti

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Hi Graeme,

Address sent, if only I hadn't missed one deadline

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

WELL DONE TO THE TOP SHOTS
    I enjoyed the comp ,unfournately missed a couple of the deadlines but thats my fault as much as outside influencesoh well always next time ehDo we have to relist our intrest in the next comp or do we automaticlly get put in to the pool

Well done

Well done to those in the top places and many thanks to Graham for running the competition.
    I will pass on the prize to Pete for the best recoiling pistol (HW45)
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by targetmark View Post
    WELL DONE TO THE TOP SHOTS
    I enjoyed the comp ,unfournately missed a couple of the deadlines but thats my fault as much as outside influencesoh well always next time ehDo we have to relist our intrest in the next comp or do we automaticlly get put in to the pool
    Hi there
    I will try and get a new thread up shortly for the new comp. Would be grateful if those wishing to enter would signify interest on that thread, it will be titled "2008 2nd half Pistol comp". Or something very similar!

regards
    graeme

p.s. extremely busy today so it might not be on till late this evening at the earliest.