Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Another pistol competition

Matt, Faz, no problem, at least one other will be using one. Welcome aboard.

Jim, I am trying not to advise on targets after my last almighty balls up!
    Nsra 10m pistol or 6yd pistol, or if unavailable the targets that Biggles put up here for printing off, they are about 13 replies back up as a pdf file attachment. Sorry I don't know how to repeat the attachment in this reply.

Just to repeat, as names for inclusion come in they are added to the scoreboard at www.shireshop.co.uk scroll to bottom right of landing page to find "10m pistol competition" link, sorry can't do a direct page link as it works via my shop website which is a purchased template. Someone brighter than me would probably know how to direct link it.

Jsramsbotttom have informed me that they don't do vouchers, but at the end of the competition I will send off £20 to them to be held against a purchase by the winner. Not sure how that will work for you if you are not from the UK, but that was the way the prize was to work from the outset.

Hopefully that is everything,.....get shooting, and good luck
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Matt, Faz, no problem, at least one other will be using one. Welcome aboard.
    Great!

I'm hoping I'll get the FAS in time (I had to pay the seller by cheque).

I'm looking forward to this - I've become more and more obsessed with punching holes in paper recently (hence the purchase of my first 'proper' target pistol).

cheers
    Matt

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

How to post scores?

Do we just post our scores here?

I shot this morning, used the "6 yard" target: my score was: 24, 23, 29, 26, = 102 / 200.

I used a Beeman P3 .177 pistol, H&N wadcutter pellets, one handed, open sights.

Not good, but on par for me.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

yes Jim, then I update the website www.shireshop.co.uk , link at bottom right of that page when you get there.

Are these your submissions for December?
    cheers
    G

Yes

Yes, Polly, December's our first month for the competition, right?

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ok Graeme just managed to shoot my December card at 6 yds.
    Card A 37
    Card B 35
    Card C 29
    Card D 32

Total 133/200

Roy

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

December submitted score.

Shot am today 9/12/07 Feinwerkbau 90, R10 7.7 grn., 4.49mm pellets @ 10m

Card 1 43
    Card 2 41
    Card 3 45
    Card 4 43

Total 172 John

Cheers Guys, scores updated on the website.

Jim, correct, scores are to be submitted by the 25th of each month and December is the first month that scores need to be in for.

And whileI have the chance.
    A Merry Christmas to you and yours to all shooters.
    Cheers
    Graeme

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too, Polly, and to all the shooters on our growing list!

Jim

Well, my F.A.S. AP604 arrived last Friday, but I missed the delivery of the .177 pellets I ordered

With Christmas do's etc, I couldn't get to a shop so I still haven't put a pellet through it - aaagh, how frustrating!!!

I pick up my pellets from the courier tonight - get ready for some really bad scores

cheers
    Matt

Matt,

Wonder if there should be a prize for the lowest score... think thats one I might be getting

Question for the learned ones.

When you are a crap shot what is the recommended method for zeroing a pistol on iron sights? My hands waving all over the place and it doesnt get much better if I use two hands and rest on a soft support.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy G View Post
    Question for the learned ones.

When you are a crap shot what is the recommended method for zeroing a pistol on iron sights? My hands waving all over the place and it doesnt get much better if I use two hands and rest on a soft support.

Zeroing a pistol.

Two hands and rested if it's a recoilless type, i.e. a single stroke pneumatic.

Other than that, just remember to set your sights so that the black part of the target sits on top of the sight picture, it's much easier to judge the gap between the black blob and a flat line rather than trying to cut the blob in half.

Then do 5 or 10 shots one handed in the proper stance, and if you can get a group, use that to finely adjust your sights. Don't ever adjust them off just 1 or 2 shots.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Merry Christmas Everyone..

Just to say I'll be joining in the fun on this one if you dont mind, sounds great..

IZH 46M @ 6yards with scaled down targets. I'll get the results up soon as poss, hopefully after the weekend..

Steve

Here we go then Graeme. Cards shot at club yesterday with FWB 80.

44; 33; 32; 22.

Consistent ?

John is still recovering from the 44 (best ever by a mile. Infinite number of monkeys etc.)
    Enjoyment of the present is denied to those who worry too much about the future.

use:- roger34@btinternet.com as E'mail