Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Another pistol competition

scores updated

cheers
    G
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

OK - finally got the new seals (flippin' Christmas post ) and reassembled my FAS 604.

After a long 'getting used to a new gun' and zeroing session (where my groupings progressed from "handful of gravel thrown at a target" to what could reasonably be called a "group"), I shot my first cards. Although this was a long ~100 ish pellet session, I shot my cards a couple of hours later (walked the dog) and just took 10 warm up shots (hope this is ok):

MattW, FAS 604, 6 yd targets

36, 41, 41, 40

Plenty of room for improvement (isn't it annoying when a rushed shot bu**ers up a potentially decent card!)

I just love the feel of the gun - the trigger in particular is fantastic (well, fantastic to me anyway, not that I've much experience of really good triggers ). However, there's no hiding with a quality pistol is there? - it's all down to me now....

cheers and a Merry Christmas to you and your families!

Matt
    Last edited by MattW; 23-12-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Hi to all,would it be ok to have a go at this comp with my HW40?I'll be posting my scores tomorow after I've printed the targets off .
    Cheers
    Mark..
    p.s is there a specific height for the target from floor to the bullseye??sorry for my numptyness
    Last edited by targetmark; 23-12-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: target height question

Nice one Mattw I will go and update the scores as soon as I finish this.

Targetmark, welcome aboard, height of centre of target should be 1.4m +/-0.05m above the level of the floor of the firing point
    hope this helps

Cheers
    Graeme

score

Well here are my scores for the December round

28/20/28/27=103
    Need more pratice,need more praticeoh well theres always next year
    Cheers
    Mark..

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Looks like my Gamo Compact is the only pistol I own that qualifies and is suitable for this comp.

Tried the HW45 today and it's not very good for shooting single handed Recoil makes it quite unpredictable and random

Pollythedog, probably not fair to shoot 2 comps with the Gamo, unless you want to use the same scores for both comps?

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Don't worry Targetmark, plenty of time yet, takes while to get a feel for a new gun.

Snooper601, I have posted your scores, your gun is perfectly eligble as are you to use it.
    Cheers
    graeme

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Don't worry Targetmark, plenty of time yet, takes while to get a feel for a new gun.

Snooper601, I have posted your scores, your gun is perfectly eligble as are you to use it.
    Cheers
    graeme
    Hi Graeme,

Thanks for that.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

6yd Practice Targets

I need plenty of practice at this target shooting stuff so I decided to make myself a sheet of practice targets.

I shoot the 6 yard targets (can't manage a full 10m at home) so I fitted as many '6 ring and better' rounds onto a single A4 sheet (it ended up with 36 at a reasonable spacing).

These were created by chopping down the 6 yard targets posted by Biggles - (hope this is ok Biggles?). I lazer print them with no page scaling and spraymount the sheet onto a piece of card - makes acceptably neat holes when card mounted - plain paper tends to tear.

I figured they might be useful to others, so they can be downloaded here.

cheers

Matt

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

These were created by chopping down the 6 yard targets posted by Biggles - (hope this is ok Biggles?).

cheers

Matt
    Hi Matt

That's fine.

Just curious, but what do you use as a backstop/pellet catcher?

I've still not made myself an A4 holder/catcher, hence was not able to enter the December round, and would be even more difficult with the bulls so close to the edge of the sheet (as per your 36 bull version).

atb

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

January scores

Polly, here are my January scores (slightly worse than my December scores: Happy New Year! )

19, 34, 25, 22 = 100 / 200

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Polly, here are my January scores (slightly worse than my December scores: Happy New Year! )

19, 34, 25, 22 = 100 / 200

Jim
    Cheers Jim, scores updated, Have a good 2008
    regards
    Graeme

Hi Graeme

Have given up (for the moment) trying to put together a suitable A4 size target holder so finally - last night - stuck x4 bulls on a piece of card that would fit my little (170mm sq) holder and had a go.

Appreciate that this submission well behind the 25/12 deadline, so happy to leave it up to you whether this is a late but OK December or an early January.

Scores on the doors were:

41, 42, 45 (hey, things are looking better than I'd expected ), 39 (DOH! ) = 167 ex 200.

Just as reminder - pistol is an HW75, pellets Dynamit Nobel .177 flatheads.

All the best

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi Matt

That's fine.

Just curious, but what do you use as a backstop/pellet catcher?

I've still not made myself an A4 holder/catcher, hence was not able to enter the December round, and would be even more difficult with the bulls so close to the edge of the sheet (as per your 36 bull version).

atb

Biggles
    Hi Biggles,

I made myself a simple 9mm plywood box with the (open) front face about 25mm bigger than A4 all round (i.e. A4 + 50mm in each direction). As I spraymount my A4 targets onto card, I can make the card the right size.

After trying several fancy ways of attaching these card mounted targets to the box, I now just tape them top and bottom - works just fine.

The back face of the box where the pellets impact is lined with about 10mm of lead (old lead flashing). This is fine for low velocity target pistols, but 20mm is better for full power rifles (I discovered this on my mark1 target box which I use for zeroing my rifles - the 10mm lead shot through in the end).

cheers

Matt
    Last edited by MattW; 31-12-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Cheers Matt

Certainly hadn't thought of using lead as a back stop; sounds like a great idea.

All I need to do now is find a source. Ummmmm, let's see.

Ahhh ... just over the road from me is a Church. I wonder