Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Another pistol competition

Be careful with that led it's dangerous stuff.

The less you have to handle the better, make sure you wash your hands after touching it!

Get to much of that in your blood makes you rather sick

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Cheers Matt

Certainly hadn't thought of using lead as a back stop; sounds like a great idea.

All I need to do now is find a source. Ummmmm, let's see.

Ahhh ... just over the road from me is a Church. I wonder
    Lead makes a great backstop - it seems to absorb the energy of the pellet with almost no sound (the pellets just sort of weld themselves to the backstop).

Careful up that church roof

cheers
    Matt

scores updateed....hic........oh my head!!!!
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    scores updateed....hic........oh my head!!!!
    perhaps a brief change from "polly" to "hairof"

Welcome to 2008.

I'm off down the beach helping my nephew measure (angle, height, pebble sizes) along 2.5 kilometers of it And before someone says we'll never get that done over one low tide - this is measuring day 3!

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    helping my nephew measure (angle, height, pebble sizes) Biggles
    I am guesiing about the survey being something to do with longsure drift etc, but what is the reference to "angle"? Angle of what, incoming waves?

Cheers

Hair of the dog....
    oh no, don't show me any more alcohol..or food, just the thought!!!

[QUOTE=pollythedog;2370223]I am guesiing about the survey being something to do with longsure drift etc, but what is the reference to "angle"? Angle of what, incoming waves?

Cheers
    QUOTE]

Angle of the beach itself. Not just top to bottom, but measured at each 'step' (gradient change due to wave erosion). All very technical, involved using surveying rods and an inclinometer. Just hope he knows what to do with all the data we collected. Could only 'work' for about 30 minutes either side of low water, but measuring every 200 meters we still managed to do 8 sets (1.6km).

Hope your hangover's gone

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Sharpshoot1995 Guest
    Hi I'm new to rifle shooting but have been pitol shooting since the age of seven. I might be being a bit thick here but are the 10 metre pistol targets the same size as 10 metre rifle targets? If they aren't does anyone know where I can get some to print off or in batches of about 100 cos NSRA only sell them in batches of 3000 for hundreds of pounds

January scores after about 500 rounds practice: 43, 40, 40, 43 = 166
    Shooting with the Baikal springer seems to improve my shooting with the Alfa too. After 50 rounds with the Baikal, the Alfa seems sooooo smooth and refined!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

January score

Shot today in cold conditions, there`s no heating on the DAGC range.
    Card 1 = 40
    " " 2 41
    " " 3 47 (good one that, three in the 10!!!! )
    " " 4 41

Total =169

FWB 90 using 7.7 grn. 4.49 mm R10`s

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshoot1995 View Post
    Hi I'm new to rifle shooting but have been pitol shooting since the age of seven. I might be being a bit thick here but are the 10 metre pistol targets the same size as 10 metre rifle targets? If they aren't does anyone know where I can get some to print off or in batches of about 100 cos NSRA only sell them in batches of 3000 for hundreds of pounds
    If you go back through this thread you will will find a couple of folks have posted printable targets for you to use, Look for "Biggles" comments as he first kindly put some up.
    Cheers
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshoot1995 View Post
    As Polly said, if you're after 10M targets try out those attached to my post - number 33 - here.

If shooting at 6 yards, you might also want to download those from Matt (post 84 on page 6).

Happy shooting

Biggles

Sharpshoot1995 Guest
    Thanks for the targets, I'm hoping to use them ASAP

SMK B3-f (where it started), Weihrauch HW80 and Walther CPM-1 Match Pistol

OK, MattW January cards, shot 16/01/08:

A: 8,10,10,10,9 = 47
    B: 8,10,10,10,10 = 48
    C: 9,9,9,9,10 = 46
    D: 8,7,8,9,10 = 42 (nerves got the better of me!)

6 yard targets, FAS 604, RWS R10 Match

I'm really pleased with these scores - came together when it mattered (although consistency is still my big problem). I recently changed my aim point and re-zeroed to allow some white above the foresight and it's made a big difference. I've also changed to RWS R10 match which seem to be more consistent. I'm totally addicted to this - must be firing at least 50 pellets a night

cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by MattW; 16-01-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I'm really pleased with these scores - came together when it mattered (although consistency is still my big problem). I recently changed my aim point and re-zeroed to allow some white above the foresight and it's made a big difference. I've also changed to RWS R10 match which seem to be more consistent. I'm totally addicted to this - must be firing at least 50 pellets a night

cheers
    Matt
    Nice scores Matt, I will adjust updat the webiste shortly.
    I did exactly the same as you yesterday and adjusted for the littel bit of white and also noted a big difference, scoring a new personal best on a 10 shot practice card. Prior to that I had my sights level with the bottom of the black, Amazing the difference that little bit of white makes.
    Cheers
    g

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Nice scores Matt, I will adjust updat the webiste shortly.
    I did exactly the same as you yesterday and adjusted for the little bit of white and also noted a big difference, scoring a new personal best on a 10 shot practice card. Prior to that I had my sights level with the bottom of the black, Amazing the difference that little bit of white makes.
    Cheers
    g
    Damn your eyes, Mr Matt. Even though I knew (and practice) the white gap aim point - this really is a 'have to' / no option thing - I'm not feeling as though I'll ever get near those scores you just posted. GOOD SHOOTING SIR

Biggles