Thread: Collectables of the future - Which ones????

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Collectables of the future - Which ones????

Following on from Johnzina's thread where he asked the question about which guns may become future collectables in a few years time? I will re-post my answer here and invite any other peoples ideas on the subject..

Maybe we can all make investments which may make us thousands in the future who knows...

Here is my answer again..

question for collectors - what guns made in the past 20 years will be most collectable in say 100 years from now? Has anyone any ideas?

I think that Webley Pistols will continue to be collected so the last of the overlever designs will be very sought after (ie Hurricane, Tempest and Typhoon models) also Good BSA Scorpions and BSA 240 magnum models are getting increasingly hard to find.
    My own thoughts as to what will be collected tend to go towards standard production models made by the major makers such as Webley,BSA,Diana, Gamo etc rather than one offs or customised "Bling Bling" specials.
    I would also say that springers would be worth investing in rather than PCP's or gas guns as the seals often let these down over time, and I think springers would probably be inherently longer lived than their more modern gas or compressed air counterparts.

Querky designs will also be collectable in time as these tend to be less popular than more mainstream models so will be scarcer in twenty,thirty forty years time than the others. A classic example of this will be the Cometa Indian Airpistol. Get yours soon if you want to make money
    You heard it here first !!!!!
    Lakey
    Last edited by Lakey; 05-12-2007 at 07:58 PM.