Thread: Webley Jaguar/ranger

Webley Jaguar/ranger

Webley Jaguar/ranger are there the same gun only i have a ranger and i have just seen a picture of the jaguar and it looks the same as the ranger but i don't know if there is a size diffrance
    thanks for you time

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    Webley Jaguar/ranger are there the same gun only i have a ranger and i have just seen a picture of the jaguar and it looks the same as the ranger but i don't know if there is a size diffrance.
    Very similar indeed. Mechanically identical but I believe there were a few subtle differences in the stock although what these differences were I could not tell you. Interesting point here however, the actions and rolled tin barrels (into which the liners were inserted) of these tin-plate constructed children’s Webley rifles are believed to have been made by the Milbro company in Scotland who also manufactured the lined barrel children’s range of rifles incorporating the Milbro Diana Mod.16 and the G85 Bob Cat. Milbro Diana made a multitude of full size rifles too, not least the now very rare and "highly collectable" Mod.70 Series 71 (of which I have a pristine example ). ATB & HTH.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 08-12-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: to ad the bit about the Mod.70 Series 71.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

thanks for that gareth

Hi There,

There are indeeed a few differences between the Jaguar and Ranger models. I think that the Jaguar has the tin plate barrel and the ranger has the solid steel barrel. The action and stock are the same I think.

Lakey

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Hi There,

There are indeeed a few differences between the Jaguar and Ranger models. I think that the Jaguar has the tin plate barrel and the ranger has the solid steel barrel. The action and stock are the same I think.

Lakey
    Yep, just checked. The Junior and the Ranger were virtually identical tin-plate rifles, as were the early Jaguar rifles introduced around 1970. But the later/last Jaguars apparently sported steel barrels in preparation for the handing over of the baton to Webley's Victor as the company's next junior sized rifle (which had a steel barrel from day one) in 1981 (Gareth).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

thanks for the info