Thread: Competing

Competing

Ok so I do a lot of hunting and next year I would quite like to have a go at competing HFT. I think FT would eb a bit to much of a discipline for me to do. I just want a change of scene, keep the interest going, try something new and learn some new skills.

So how do I go about. I presume I cant just turn up.

How do I find out whats happening where ?
    How mush does it cost me.
    Can I competes as an individual as I cant join a club etc as work commitmenets have me all over the country at anytime. I did enquie aboty clubs in the Bristol area abotu a years ago but the closets ones are a bit far off for me and ain the work thing

and what else do I need to know.

I've checked out the rules and regs on the UKHFT website.

and is it possible to just turn up as a spectator at them so I can check them out

Thanks in advance
    BTAS Verminator .22
    BTAS HFT400 Rapid .20
    BSA R10 .22

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Turn Up

Quote Originally Posted by TRB1 View Post
    Ok so I do a lot of hunting and next year I would quite like to have a go at competing HFT. I think FT would eb a bit to much of a discipline for me to do. I just want a change of scene, keep the interest going, try something new and learn some new skills.

So how do I go about. I presume I cant just turn up.

How do I find out whats happening where ?
    How mush does it cost me.
    Can I competes as an individual as I cant join a club etc as work commitmenets have me all over the country at anytime. I did enquie aboty clubs in the Bristol area abotu a years ago but the closets ones are a bit far off for me and ain the work thing

and what else do I need to know.

I've checked out the rules and regs on the UKHFT website.

and is it possible to just turn up as a spectator at them so I can check them out

Thanks in advance
    Hi mate, you can turn up as a spectator but FT and HFT aren't the most spectator friendly sports. Who really wants to see a bunch blokes laying down in the mud with rifles, except Gary and Jamie!!

The best bet is to turn up and explain it's your first time, so you get paired with an experienced shooter. That way you get the benefit of their knowledge and experience.

From memory there are lots of signs to Wales around Bristol and Quarry have their extreme comp on the 30th. If you can make it I'll gladly take you round and rope in a decent shot from the club as well!

My best advice is to jump in at the deep end and try it, that way you set a bench mark when your nervous and have something to try and beat next time!

Hope that helps

Ryan

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

is the Quarry one on the 30th of December?
    BTAS Verminator .22
    BTAS HFT400 Rapid .20
    BSA R10 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    From memory there are lots of signs to Wales around Bristol and Quarry have their extreme comp on the 30th. If you can make it I'll gladly take you round and rope in a decent shot from the club as well!

Ryan
    I wouldn't have though a Quarry Extreme shoot would be a good place to start for a beginner, their extreme courses are bloody hard for even experienced HFT shooters.

I'm not expecting to do well just enjoy myself
    BTAS Verminator .22
    BTAS HFT400 Rapid .20
    BSA R10 .22

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

30th

Quote Originally Posted by TRB1 View Post
    is the Quarry one on the 30th of December?
    It is indeed, to be fair Petes right the extreme course at Quarry is about as hard as it gets as Sparky, Ewes and Dyer are a sadistic bunch! But it's very enjoyable as they're a good bunch those taffs and after doing one of those any other course won't seem as difficult!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

best to cut me teeth on something difficult then. I'll do whatever I can to make it
    BTAS Verminator .22
    BTAS HFT400 Rapid .20
    BSA R10 .22