Thread: Silencer for a Webley Tracker

Silencer for a Webley Tracker

Hi all you experts,

What's the correct silencer for a direct fit on a Webley Tracker? i.e. remove the barrel weight which is held in place by an o-ring and I guess there is a silencer that replaces it with the same mounting process.

Cheers

Clive

draftsmann Guest
    Correct period item is Webley Pro-system, which is a collet-fitting silencer. They come up for sale secondhand from time to time.

Having said that I have seen a picture of a Tracker (I think owned by one of the Swedish BBS members) with a Logun silencer, which looked very nice indeed.

Adrian

Sam Guest
    A stumpy barrel like that would be a fine candidate for a custom bull barrel silencer, methinks.

draftsmann Guest
    Still not your favourite air rifle or mine Sam, even though I have one in my cabinet. It's the air rifle equivalent of the sexy babe who refuses to [censored for propriety]

Adrian

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by draftsmann
    Still not your favourite air rifle or mine Sam

Adrian
    I thought mine was a lovely little tool untill I mounted a scope and shot it SB's Tracker; in, out and back to the shop in 3 days flat, gotta be a record!

SB,

That bad eh? From what I remember of mine it seemed to shoot OK. But that was 10 years ago ish. I bought it on a whim brand new and must have put ooh at least 100 pellets through it in the garden. Been gathering dust ever since.

The BBS has rekindled my interest in airguns so I thought I would dust it off, give it some attention and see what it can do.

Cheers

Clive

Sam Guest

Clive,

I bought it under no false illusions, a little 10 (ish) ft.lbs .22 ultra carbine ratter is all it was ever intended for. I bought it new from my local back in the early 90's and despite trying just about every popular brand of pellet I just couldn't get it to group at all, that plus it handled like a dog out of the box.

Rather than spend time trying to get it right, I just took it back and chopped it in for an Excel which did the trick nicely.

They can be improved quite a bit, but I just didn't think it was worth the hassle for what I was going to get out of it in the end, each to their own though....

P.S; Drop me a mail to my profile addy some time, would like a word in your shell like when you've got 5 mate.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Sam; 21-03-2004 at 12:58 AM.

Originally posted by draftsmann
    Correct period item is Webley Pro-system, which is a collet-fitting silencer. They come up for sale secondhand from time to time.

Having said that I have seen a picture of a Tracker (I think owned by one of the Swedish BBS members) with a Logun silencer, which looked very nice indeed.

Adrian
    The Tracker is not Swedish owned, but Norwegian, and the silencer is a B&M specially made to it. I have 3 Trackers in .22, two of them bullpupped by B&M. Mine shoots pretty good, perhaps the reason I have 3, the oldest one from -92. My son has 1 in .22 as well. They are all well used with many thousands of pellets through each.
    I have had 3 AWT struts, all failed after a couple of years, stick to spring for best results! The Tracker becomes better the more it is used!

Per

Sam,

YHM!

Riva,

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll look at the conventional tuning route rather than going for a gas ram as I've heard mixed reviews. Got any tips on tuning the Tracker (both spring/piston and trigger area)?

Cheers

Clive

Hi again all,

Just to let you know I got the 10 year old tracker out from the loft and to my relief it's holiday amongst the rafters hasn't turned it into a piece of brown festering scrap

There are a couple of tiny rust marks on the receiver but some oily scotchbrite will sort that...thats it! Otherwise it looks just like a brand new gun...which it is. The original oiling from Webley has protected the rest of it. Even the barrel is fine inside and out.

I've put out some feelers for a scope and silencer. Also Per has kindly offered to e-mail me some advice on tuning

Hopefully if I pester people enough I will be able to get all the goodies together by the weekend for a little play.

Cheers

Clive