Thread: First go with a bp rifle

First go with a bp rifle

I now understand the enthusiasm you guys have for bp rifles. Today i went with a mate who let me put twenty rounds through his rolling block remmington .50 centrefire. It was great fun and i even managed to hit the target! Suprisingly accurate for a fire belching beast! Definatley going again and also joining the club i shot it at.
    Last edited by lucky trigger; 17-12-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

You should try a muzzle loader Lucky.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    If the opportunity arises i definatley will
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    I shot my mate's .577 front-stuffer at Bisley about 2 months ago.
    It kicks harder than the 7.62mm we use.

Bloody excellent fun, though, even if the bullets do look like lead dustbins.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

LOL once you go black (powder) theres no going back!!!!

hoping that I can get a slot for BP muzzle loading pistol early next year

nothing makes me smile like a session at the range with my bosses Kuchenreuter.

gunnut Guest

invitation

Lucky,if you ever get down to this neck of the woods,I have a brown bess,a koeniglichen wuetemburger percussion.54 rifiled Mauser.and a couple those Spanish lookalike only they dont in .45.You are more than welcome to have a go on any or all of them.That goes for any of you,I'm located in Plymouth,give me a email or thru this means call when you have lust.

gunnut Guest

front stuffers

You seriously need a go on my Brown Bess dude,then you know you'll be rockin'!its .75 cal if that helps you decide,a little like a 12g slug in size only its a patched ball,acreas of flames,flashes,smoke and a VERY full recoil!
    Better n' sex(well, nearly)

There are some who say the best target load for a Bess is...

If you put any more in you wouldn't want to shoot it

Quote Originally Posted by gunnut View Post
    You seriously need a go on my Brown Bess dude,then you know you'll be rockin'!its .75 cal if that helps you decide,a little like a 12g slug in size only its a patched ball,acreas of flames,flashes,smoke and a VERY full recoil!
    Better n' sex(well, nearly)
    .75 cal sounds good!! How many times have you had your shoulder put back in

Muzzle loading rifles, the real deal

Depending on the range you are shooting on, I have a Parker Hale 0.451 2 band volunteer that I used at 200 & 300 yards although I have seen the same model used at 500 yds. This is a very accurate rifle.
    Also available is my recent posting of a 0.45 Scheutzen target rifle that I use at 50 metres but I am sure it will go out to 100 metres without a problem.
    I have moulds and loading gear for each and I am in white rose county so not that far away if you are interested.
    HM

I took a very enjoyable trip down to the range again today. I shot my mates .50 rolling block rifle and also a .357 taurus revolver, a ruger no1 in 45-70 which was a real beast! and also a .577 (i think!) royal enfield muzzle loading rifle which was very nice. i took a few pics which i will put up shortly..