Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hammerli mod 420 whats it worth?

Some nice pics of Hammerli rifles and pistols HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Some nice pics of Hammerli rifles and pistols HERE.
    Great link. Some lovely stuff on show there.

Why is it that Hammerli stuff always looks like its been designed by someone who didn't have a protractor just a rule. Good build quality though.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

well i got it yesterday. A nice addition to my collection of military looking air guns, well chuffed. Now all i need is two dummy mags for my jackel ar7 and hipower, sling swivels for them would be nice two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    That must have been Dr Koenig. He is the keenest collector of military-style air-rifles in the world.
    Don´t know how to understand this ...
    Beside this: 120,- pounds is a fair price for a complete 420 - in continental Europe as in UK.

He is extremely keen to find the elusive Hammerli Model 42a, which has only ever been mentioned in Walther's Airgun Book, and which may actually be a typographical error rather than a real gun.
    Surely not a typographical error in the book - Walther explains the 42a as an short-life ancestor of the 420. But we can agree that this is a mistake of Walther and a 42a never existed.
    Btw: I am still looking for a Jackal AR7 Hunter / Combat ...

I was going to make an AR-15 style rifle from a BSA Meteor and some parts from y-bay to sell to him as the 'Limehouse Widowmaker' but he said he was not interested as I was not an established firm.
    Strange. I can not remember this - neither the offer, nor the answer. The birth of a legend ... ?

Regards, Dr.K.