Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I buy a smoothbore?

Thanks for your replies huys!

I had a nice drive around, and a lunch in East Grinstead. Both shops in East Grinstead do not sell or supply black powder guns, and the one in Twells only had one possible gun for me. It was a .45, (parker hale?) smooth bore, with a wooden stock reaching to the end of the barrel, with a decent steel barrel. Price was £150, which is good for my budget. They say its a shotgun, but it 'could' fire solids with a patch? I didnt understand that. Still a lot to learn.
    Do you think thats a good start?

Also, if anyone nearby(ish, I could travel around by car now) has a smooth bore percussion rifle for sale, no larger then .50 for a reasonable price, I would be very interested. Need something to get me going.

I will check out the Hastings club, could use a new club, and the full bore range days sound fun.

The T.wells club is for rimfire, and black powder guns (maybe only pistol). They have a nice 10m airgun target range. Some good shooters there, and generally good people, though it can be a bit.. quiet.. sometimes.
    Tikka T3 Varmint .222
    Sako Finnfire Varmint .22
    Mossberg 500 12g

If you are interested our tuesday night session is best for new member introduction.

I am RO from 6:30 till 7:30 when the secretary takes over.

First visit is free, next three visits £4 range fee plus buy ammo. Must pay membership to continue past the fourth week.

We have c150 members and get 15/20 on a busy night, bit quiet this time of year only 9 of us last night.

The club has a world champion m/l rifle shooter amongst the members and three international shooters last year.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

gunnut Guest

mail order

APART FROM HENRY KRANK,THERES A FIRM IN GERMANY THAT SELLS ALMOST THE COMPLETE RANGE OF PEDERSOLI SMOOTHBORE FRONTSTUFFERS,AND AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A PASSPORT COPY,A COPY OF YOUR TICKET,AND YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS,YOU CAN GET THEM MAIL ORDER! YES! MAIL ORDER!i BOUGHT MY K98 IN THE SAME MANNER,AND ALL I GOT FROM CUSTOMS,WAS A PHONE CALL TO FIND OUT IF I WAS AT THAT ADDRESS!oBVIOUSLY,THEY HAD CHECKED THIER DATA BASE AND CHECKED I HAD THE APPROPREATE OPENING ON MY TICKET!NOBODY SEEMS TO BELIEVE ME,ALLTHO THE EVIDENCE IS IN MY GUN SAFE!

I have on for sale!

Hi there. I have a 12bore enfield cavalry carbine for sale. Its based on an enfield musket but has a 24" 12 bore barrel. It has a captive ramrod and cavalry carrying ring on the side of the stock as identical to the type issued to native horse troops in india. Its in good nick, and hasnt fired more than 30 or 40 shots as I dont get the time to use it. Im looking for about £165. Any Good?

Firing solid ball from a smoothbore needs an F.A.C. I believe, ready to be corrected if I am wrong
    Del
    Just do it
    My second language is gibberish

Not if its muzzle loaded.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

...on a Home Office approved range.