Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 93 yards with Career Infinity in -6 Degrees Celsius

93 yards with Career Infinity in -6 Degrees Celsius

Hi,

the effects of abstinence got to hard so I had give it a go even though the weather wasnt optimal.

The gun is fitted with 26" LW shoked barrel

Targets at 25, 40 and 85 meters(93 yards)
    The range:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...0071218979.jpg

5 shots at 93 yards, a bit of center but otherwise good - 23 mm between those 4 shots, sub 1 inch. The coin is a swedish "10 kronor". Dont know why one of the shots got away like that...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...0071218981.jpg

Good shooting that man.

And your realtree "snow twigs" work well, I can't spot you in the photo

Fantastic bit of landscape too.

As you say the weather wasn't optimal but that was good shooting none the less Where you are looks like a good place to shoot, and I reckon on a good day it would be really nice, it also looks like you could push the range out a little more as well.

Out of interest what power are you running at with your set up?

Garrick

These shots are Barracudas around 900 fps - but the rifle has alot more power if needed. I chroned 37grain Eun Jin @ 1047 fps --> 90 ft-lbs.

Oh yeah - ofcourse variable power setting, dailing up or down in a sec

It sure is a "diffrent" place to live in... heres a pic from the summer out in a boat fishing

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...0070607437.jpg
    Last edited by johan_portin; 19-12-2007 at 02:13 PM.

john any idea of the tempriture when you were shooting

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    john any idea of the tempriture when you were shooting
    Erm....... -6 degrees?

It looks lovely over there. Reminds me of when I went to Norway in 2001 to shoot.

Garrick

Good shooting matey even allowing a bit for shivering.
    the reason that one got away was the barras i expect they never grouped all in the same place .
    Longbow .22 , S410k .22.BSA Airsporter .22

wow

That view was gorgeous. When i pass the all arms commando course i'll be going to norway to do my artic warfare training. Looking forward to everything other than the ice breaker drills-brrr!
    Atb-coveringfire.
    prone position down!

Graeme Guest
    Hi johan.
    Breath taking scenery.
    Just wandering what sort of vermin etc are about in Bergen? The gun looks interesting especially the stock ... don't suppose you have a better pic to hand. Good shooting by the way.

Regards, Graeme

Hi, just out of interest, are you shooting .177? Also, do you know the laws on the use of airguns out in the hills? (I presume that valley in the picture does not belong to you personally)
    Having lived in Norway for a year now I have noticed that there is plenty of open space around. Since the rights of way are unlimited here I have come across plenty of good spots for impromptu ranges.
    Attitude to guns seems a lot more relaxed here as well. So far however I have only used my rifles in the garden to avoid the risk of breaking the law or upsetting someone.
    Impressed with your shooting by the way. I would be very pleased with those results.

Cheers,

Rob
    FWB 65/100/P8X, Diana LP6/8/10, Weihrauch HW30/45/40, Tau-7, S&W79G, Hammerli Master, FAS604, Skan Mini M32, SLR98, TX200HC

Greame: Hunting with airguns is not allowed in Norway.

Heres some better photos

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ng/Stock11.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ing/Stock9.jpg

Ive moved the bipod to the stock because I found that accuracy suffered from the setup in the pics.

Cornelius:
    Its cal .25 and as for shooting at other places you will need the landowners permition. If the land is owned by the state Im not sure how and if its possible to get a permit they will probably direct you to a shooting range.

But as you say, people are quite relaxed about airgun shooting...

PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)
    Nice rifle Johan! Which stock do you have fitted? How many usable shots do you get at 90 Ft/lbs?
    I plink, therefore I am.

I have the "custom" - homemade stock fitted, the one on the pics. I get 8 shots at 90 ft-lbs after that its starts dropping. I will make and use some havier ammo later to reach even higher energies, Im aiming for 110 ft-lbs(150J) because thats the minimum recuirement for hunting in sweden - Im swedish. The magazine in the Infinity can handle up to 77 grain - 5 gram ammo. I hope I reach 110 ft-lbs before that weight

Hi johan! happy to see you are getting the results with yours, it looks realy nice. i had told you about that bipod position. i prefer the harris as that bracket that secures the barrel to the air cylinder can move and make you swear! So now we are two on the forum that own an Infinity. you should try shooting further out, its a very capable rifle. i did not change the barrel as i think Shinsung make excellent ones very comparable to the ones walther makes in terms of accuracy. i managed to retain sub MOA at 140yards twice. i love your shooting spot, must be fun to hammer away at those rocks also in rifle. keep those photos coming. mine is also loaded with .25 31grain at 917ft/s

Sub 1 MOA at 140 yrd sure is some super shooting! I cant wait until I can go out shooting again... unfortunately it will take until the end of august before I see that gun again =( I’m living in Germany now and I don’t have a FAC for the gun. I’m going to Australia 1 April for 4 months, maybe I will be able to bring it there, don’t know how the gun laws is down under but maybe someone here do?

I changed the barrel because I wanted to squeeze some extra amount of power from it. And also give the gun better air economy. I was quite happy with the accuracy of the gun before changing the barrel but as this is my first airgun so I don’t have any references =)