Thread: Webley/Beeman C1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    steiner Guest
    ogilkes ;I think it`s based on the Vulcan , but I could be wrong (GATMAN ,cheers for the link!)

Kenny.

It was based on the Excel, well the one I saw was

Garrick

C1

I have a C1 in .177 and its a webley vulcan with shotgun style woodwork
    made for beeman in usa mine is very close to 12ft in power

It is a Mk.1 'Vulcan' in all but name and stock.
    Personally, I like the shotgun style stock.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 22-12-2007 at 01:07 AM.

Its a vulcan in a straight stock with a short barrel AFAIK

More airguns should be stocked like that

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

steiner Guest
    Here`s a photo of the C1, I picked up ,I`ve since found out that is based on the Vulcan and mine`s is quite an early one ,cos it doesn`t have a safety catch ,later ones did and had a better, curved trigger blade instead of the straight one on this rifle.

Take care

Kenny
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The C1 is a short-barrelled, straight-handed carbine version of the Webley Victor. The Webley Victor was the youth/budget version of the Vulcan which saved a few pounds by having a more basic stock and no safety-catch. The Victor was also fitted with a slighty weaker spring I think, although the full-power Vulcan one was fitted to the C1.

It is a bonnie little rifle, except for the usual Vulcan/Victor failings like the lack of a breech-bolt allowing the barrel to wobbly about and the rather rudimentary trigger.

You can smooth the trigger out with polishing, adding a trigger shoe to the nasty thin blade also helps and a breech-bolt can be fitted by a competent gunsmith. The power-plant is very consistent and powerful if lubricated correctly (watch out they are easy to put over the limit in .22). They require extra-special care when firing as they are both powerful and light springers so they are very hold-sensitive, once you have mastered the technique it will make a super short-range hunting carbine, great for rats and shots up into trees.

A rare and interesting member of the Webley Clan and one which will appreciate.