Thread: BP Phials

BP Phials

If anyone is interested I saw that Leicester Shooting Centre are selling screw top glass phials for BP. Ideal for revolver loads they hold up to 27gn of fffg, easy to open when your hands are a bit greasy. Price wise I think they worked out at £3.50 per doz. They fit well into any .45 cal MTM box.
    They also had a supply of pre lubed wads and cast lead balls in .454 & .457.

They can be contacted on 0116 2827515 (Steve) after 3:30 each day.
    Last edited by BobHarget; 20-12-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: corrected phone number
    Bob
    "Nihil est Impossibilis"
    motto of The Glider Pilot Regiment 1942 - 1957

You could also have a look at this site.

http://www.lifeworkpotential.com/aca...s.html#aBOX100

The beauty of the plastic ones is that the snap cap can be operated with one hand. Mind you glass does have its good points.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

I've tried both and whilst I can manage with the plastic snap on caps I have found the glass screw top ones easier after the first load as I am a "mucky" shooter. A friend who shoots BP and who has a problem with dexterity cannot use the plastic phials at all and I know he has bought some of these glass ones and gets on great with them. The boxes sold by www.lifeworkpotential.com are MTM .45 cal pistol boxes and are just right for both types.
    You do need to use a funnel to get the powder from the flask into the glass phials but the Lee powder funnel is a perfect fit, and it saves breaking the top of the phial with the spout as I have done in the past with the Henry Kranke ones.
    Bob
    "Nihil est Impossibilis"
    motto of The Glider Pilot Regiment 1942 - 1957