Thread: BSA Superstar .177 Valuation

BSA Superstar .177 Valuation

Hi I have a BSA Superstar .177 that I bought about 17 -18 years ago. It’s still in the original box and it has fired about one tin of pellets. I bought it after it was first released when it was big news in the air gun magazines.

Does anyone know how much its worth?

hi i would say a minimum of £200-£250 in mint condition and with the box and being in .177 . I did see a .25 calibre sell for £350 not so long ago but they are very far and few between hope this helps
    if u live life on the edge then your taking up to much room

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    There is a good condition s/h BSA Superstar .177 in the rack at May's of London for £235 with a scope of reasonable quality.

For some reason they are not that popular, although they are on a par with HW77s, and that is not me, that is super-springer-shooter BuddyBoy's recommendation. I've got too many guns already or I would make an offer.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    It should be worth a lot more than you are likely to get for it. Despite them being good rifles they just don't seem to have much appeal for the vast majority.

The following threads may be of interest.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...ight=superstar
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I may be corrected but I think the SUPERSTAR is the best i.e. the most technically accomplished and accurate spring rifle that BSA EVER made. Better than the Goldstar OR the Airsporter RB2, which commands such high prices.

It's a mystery why it is not snapped up without hesitation.

Your right there Alistair, I have a Mk1 in .177, and a Mk2 in .22, both full length, (I also had a Mk2 carbine in .177, which I sold, d'oh ), both have outstanding beech stocks, loads of grain figuring and the.177 even has Tiger stripes, both are very smooth to shoot, they have the feel of a tuned springer, I don't think they are tuned as all 3 shoot the more or less the same, superb triggers and very, very accurate.

It's true, they definitely don't attain the prices they are worth.

atb

Ben
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

Max Headroom is looking for one of these, although he is to be fair mad
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    There is a good condition s/h BSA Superstar .177 in the rack at May's of London for £235 with a scope of reasonable quality.
    I saw that and was sorely tempted

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Exclamation

I knew these were well liked rifles but never knew they were rated as as goood as HW's77!

superstar .25cal any one after one

ive got a .25 cal looking a swap for something more pcp or a decent spring power