Thread: 0.45 Scheutzen Rifle

0.45 Scheutzen Rifle

0.45" Schuetzen muzzle loading rifle.
    An excellent reproduction of a classic Schuetzen target rifle.
    I shoot this rifle at 50 metres off hand and it is excellent fun.
    Round ball loaded with 40 grains over a 10 thou' lubed patch
    These rifles are a different format but oh so easy and simple to use.
    The barrel looks as if it is stainless.
    It has both micrometer and ladder sights depending on how you want to use it.
    An adjustable set trigger minimises any movement on firing.
    The rear facing hammer is a great talking point along with the nose recess in the cheek-piece in the stock so you become an extension of the rifle when you fire. There is almost zero recoil on firing, certainly no broken noses!
    It may upset the German purists as it is not of German manufacture but it is well made.
    A giveaway price now of £350. Usual terms & conditions apply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Henry Martini; 09-02-2016 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Further supporting information

gunnut Guest

spelling?

Dont mean to make a fuss,but thats SCHUETZEN the e after the u is because of no umlaut over the 'u'.Sorry,buty there you are.

gunnut Guest

SCHUETZEN rifle.

is also obtainable bei FRANKONIA waffenhandle,need your passport copy and copy of your ticket.Altho its a little more expensive there,roughly double inclusive post

is there a Frankonia-branch in the UK ?

and errrm... Frankonia is always a little bit more ex.....clusive.

btw. all those budged muzzle loaders made in Italy or Spain can't match the quality of the ex-Parker-Hale production and if you want something real accurate you need a cunning Gunsmith who spend some hours to lap the barrel, re crown the muzzle, make a suiting bedding, tune the trigger unit, etc... last but not least the sighting in by using a file.

But even a first-rate cook can't make a steak from a rabbit....

Jochen
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing

gunnut Guest

frankonia

Jochen,there is leider ,no Frankonia branch in england,but you are exactly rite in your opinion of the spanish/italian smokers (the cheaper build it yourself kits)
    I have a .54 percussion Mauser rifled musket,and a Brown Bess flintlock.
    Both these are quality pieces,and when you compare the overall finish and shooting performence with the cheapos,of which I have 2 (kit guns) there is no competition.Its the old but true saying...you get what you pays for,nothing more and nothing less.
    So,as a general rule,PEDERSOLI (ITALY) = GOOD
    DIKAR (spain)=crap(but good for beginners and as fun guns)