Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handy tables and charts.

Handy tables and charts.

OK, thanks to Rich for creating and providing the following excel spreadsheets for general use.
    He created this spreadsheet so that anyone can input the appropriate data to find out how many fills per scuba tank they'd get from their kit.

How many fills.

The second link gives the user the chance to see, with any given variation, how likely they are to exceed the 12ft lb legal limit.

Am I legal?

Pete.

Pellet list table 1.
    Pellet list table 2.
    Pellet list table 3.
    Last edited by snock; 07-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

how good is that?
    cheers rich and snock
    Daystate AirWolf MCT .177 with MTC Viper Connect 3 -12 X 32

Thanks.

Feel free to save them onto your PC.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Out of interest is there any way of adding guns to the drop down list? I assume they ar ein a look up table somewhere?

EDIT : I've just found them. Although I don't understand how the formulas work to insert an Ultra. It's resovoir is 50cc IIRC
    Last edited by A16NS V; 01-01-2008 at 09:29 PM.

I dont have xcel , any chance of posting it up in Word mate?
    HW100KT .20 , Theoben Rapid MK1 .177 , Theoben Evolution .22 , Weihrauch HW35k .22 , Diana model 24 .177 , Webley Hurricane .22 ,

Quote Originally Posted by A16NS V View Post
    Out of interest is there any way of adding guns to the drop down list? I assume they ar ein a look up table somewhere?

EDIT : I've just found them. Although I don't understand how the formulas work to insert an Ultra. It's resovoir is 50cc IIRC
    The program was written some time back, so certain newer models won't be listed, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by big gav View Post
    I dont have xcel , any chance of posting it up in Word mate?
    Sorry mate, not by me there isn't.
    If you post what gun, hose, pellet, fill pressure etc., someone will input the date and give you a reply.

Thanks for that link Pete.

I think I've done it right. I'm just not sure of the empty pressure on an AA S200. So I put 100 bar. Is that right?

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thumbs up

Nice 1 Rich and Pete, I'll make good use of this thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Thanks for that link Pete.

I think I've done it right. I'm just not sure of the empty pressure on an AA S200. So I put 100 bar. Is that right?

Regards
    Paddy.
    I'm not entirely certain, Paddy, but hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will tell you.

If anyone has a rifle not on the dropdown list and they KNOW the reservoir capacity for it, post it on here and I'll add it when I get time.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I'm not entirely certain, Paddy, but hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will tell you.

Asking question again:

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Pad, 100 bar is not a bad guess. Unregged rifles will be sliding down the power curve at this point. There is no absolute correct refill pressure, it's really when the shots start to drop more than you are prepared to tolerate.

You will get more total shots out of your dive cylinder if you fill when you have to, not keep topping up unnecessarily. Each fill loses the air in the hose and gauge. In the case of the S200 with its small cylinder, the void volume of the hose etc is quite a significant part of the whole. So this is important with S200s in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Pad, 100 bar is not a bad guess. Unregged rifles will be sliding down the power curve at this point. There is no absolute correct refill pressure, it's really when the shots start to drop more than you are prepared to tolerate.

You will get more total shots out of your dive cylinder if you fill when you have to, not keep topping up unnecessarily. Each fill loses the air in the hose and gauge. In the case of the S200 with its small cylinder, the void volume of the hose etc is quite a significant part of the whole. So this is important with S200s in particular.

Thanks for the info.

What I generally do is by going on what I've heard & been told is; fill it up to 190Bar, fire between 40 -45 shots then refill.

I got my 12 lt bottle filled earlier today, so now I can use this as a base & compare. Which means I should get about 1800 shots , not bad when it cost me £2.75 to fill the bottle.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I think it must be down to individual guns and filling systems. I charge my S200 to 180 bar "indicated" on my Hills pump, any more is wasted effort. I then fire a magazine through it and then have 5 magazines more worth of air with very little variation. The pump then seems to kick in again at about 100 bar (so I assume that's where it got to) Mine is .22 and I use AA field running to approx 11.5 ft/lb. This gun seems to hate heavier pellets so I'm hopeful that I'll stay on the right side of the law! I can't say I'm over confident about my pressures but don't seem to be able to push it over the limit.

Cheers Chris.

I think it must be down to individual guns and filling systems. I charge my S200 to 180 bar "indicated" on my Hills pump, any more is wasted effort. I then fire a magazine through it and then have 5 magazines more worth of air with very little variation. The pump then seems to kick in again at about 100 bar (so I assume that's where it got to) Mine is .22 and I use AA field running to approx 11.5 ft/lb. This gun seems to hate heavier pellets so I'm hopeful that I'll stay on the right side of the law! I can't say I'm over confident about my pressures but don't seem to be able to push it over the limit.

Cheers Chris.